Ivan's coming...I'm going

Started by Ed G., September 14, 2004, 02:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed G.

I'm getting the hell outta Dodge (SE Louisiana) and hauling ass to Shreveport. Everybody take care.

Lonestarjohnny

take care Ed, I don't blame ya, I know I sure as hell would be doin that San Antonio Stroll  :lol:  
Johnny

Arn C.

aron

Sic

Marcos - Munky

StephenGiles

Yes - take care indeed, but I just can't help thinking that folks down there are not over cautious in their choice of place to live. I gather New Orleans is below sea level - mmmmmm very sensible! Same goes for folks living on or near a volcano - not very clever.
Stephen
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

dv8

Well, all the levees are above sea level. :shock:

petemoore

Quote from: dv8Well, all the levees are above sea level. :shock:
Sorry to be the bearer of bad new but....'For Now at Least".

The River...damm up one side it flows over the other, damm up the other side and build up the one side...it'll flow over somewhere else...they've been doing this on the Mighty Mississippi for more than a few decades, once you upset 'Mom'...you're in big trouble. I think she's had about enough of us too.
 You can hear water, but water doesn't listen.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

EdJ

Ed G.

Looks like we lucked it out this time...
I live in Lafourche parish, which is about an hour from N.O., and about 11 feet above sea level, but we took off to shreveport just in case.
Just getting back, so thanks for your prayers and well wishes.
Hope the folks who are catching the brunt of this storm do okay.

David

Doug H?

RDV?

csj?

How are you guys doing?

Chris R

i made it through clarlie and frances here in orlando.. no major damage to my stuff.. but the apartment i'm in has lots of water damage.  I was out of electricity for about a week.. etc

good luck ed.

C

David

Quote from: Chris Ri made it through clarlie and frances here in orlando.. no major damage to my stuff.. but the apartment i'm in has lots of water damage.  I was out of electricity for about a week.. etc

good luck ed.

C

Was all of Orlando affected?  Is the power back on now?

RDV

Quote from: DavidDoug H?

RDV?

csj?

How are you guys doing?
Completely missed Tampa & Orlando, but I imagine Clay(csj) may not have faired as well.  :(

RDV

David

Quote from: RDV
Quote from: DavidDoug H?

RDV?

csj?

How are you guys doing?
Completely missed Tampa & Orlando, but I imagine Clay(csj) may not have faired as well.  :(

RDV

Did he stick around, or did he boogie?

RDV

Quote from: DavidDid he stick around, or did he boogie?
He said he was gonna stick it out.

RDV

David

Any word from him?  Us Yankees is hearin' that Ivan is going to be a real Cossack around New Orleans!

phillip

It missed New Orleans...went plowing into the Florida panhandle and Mobile, Al.  Now us here in GA are getting the worst of it since it's moving right over us...all the tornados that are spinning off and high winds, torrential rains...  What's left of the eye passed over here a while ago, but now it's back to pouring rain.

And now there's Jeanne to deal with...

Phillip