Boss TR-2 Tremolo - Got Mods?

Started by O, September 17, 2004, 12:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

O

Quote from: MartyMartO, how did the mod go ?

I haven't had a chance to work on the pedal... but since I already had it opened, I labeled the resistors that need tweaked.

I should have it done before Saturday, so I'll post here once I do...

-Oscar

dubs

o.k here's a schematic some one sent to me. Any thoughts to improve top end eq?

[/img]

mikeb

Quote from: MartyMart
Details for hundreds of mods for Boss/Ibanez/MXR  etc etc, are on the net and sometimes even posted up by kind folks like Robert Keeley

Where? Likely these are the ones he ripped off Analogman, Frank Clarke or others anyway. :roll:

Thanks for that schematic, dubs. Aside from impedance mis-matching (shouldn't be a problem with the FET buffer though) the only thing that jumps out is the removal of the 10pf cap that has already been mentioned.

Mike

mrsage

Quote from: OI took some pics and they are here

If more people can mirror them, I would appreciate it since the bandwidth is limited on my account. I'll start working on a parts list, it should be posted here by this weekend.

If there is a certain pic/angle/part you need photographed, just let me know.

Have fun! :)
Are the pics gone now?

Can we get them back?

:D :D

O

Quote from: mrsageAre the pics gone now?

Can we get them back?

Sorry, I have limited space I can use, so I had to take them down. PM me your email and I'll send them to you.

jimbob

It has to suck that any info out there about mods can be easily obtained by anyone--at least for those trying to make a business effort from it. But Im really not suprised at the same time cause it takes a certain kind of person to want to do these mods themselves. Keeley lists his-and why not? His modded pedals with his label on them add to the resell value on the net/ebay--same w Analogman..WIthout a popular name like that it seems to hender sales a bit..from what ive noticed. But..I think anyone in a forum like this and a drive to search the net will find these mods or someone who is willing to offer the info. I wish i had a business in Mod info--just not in these times when info is so quicky and easily obtained. I say goodluck to wampcat1- Its just a matter of time before your info becomes common knowledge. I really think those who buy from Keeley and Analog man are those who cant do it themselves--that and ive heard great quality/compliments from both. BUt if your a DIY''er-whats the point? Youll eventually get that info--if not better/updated/newer info rfom places like this...

Bla Bla bla--just makes me think really..This as a business just seems insane to me..But also the greatest hobby as well!
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

mrsage

Quote from: O
Quote from: mrsageAre the pics gone now?

Can we get them back?

Sorry, I have limited space I can use, so I had to take them down. PM me your email and I'll send them to you.

Bump...did you get a chance to send them?

knealebrown

Hey guys sorry to reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealy dig this up lol. Its been a few years since i took out my c4 cap in the tr-2 to sort the volume drop out but having found this topic i got cracking trying some of the mods suggested. however after removing C7 for a 'slight "high end" lift' i seem to be picking up RF. is this a common problem? and why does this happen?

''99 problems but a glitch aint one!''

Dreverb

Hello, I would love to know any mod   for the TR2.. nobody?

lewsidiusmaximus

Does anyone know the Keeley mod and how that is done with the double knob on the depth?

Boss makes a great Tremolo pedal, the TR-2. We have more than solved the volume drop "problem," we've upgraded the audio circuitry and improved the response. We also have reduced unwanted distortions and noise. Now the pedal can even be used as a clean boost! The Keeley Electronics TR-2 modification gives you a blend between the stock look and the boutique look. Using Boss parts we have redesigned the depth control area to have a volume control as well! Now you have final control in the output level! This means you can stomp on the pedal for a nice volume boost during solos and drive your amp into a really cool, retro sound, or set it for an even volume level. By using a dual concentric potentiometer, the appearance is kept clean while making the pedal a useful tool for guitar players, keyboard players, etc. The Keys Man for the Goo Goo Dolls has already sent his in! We improve the bass response of the pedal. We upgrade the entire audio path for higher fidelity, which leads to more of your natural guitar tone getting through. You will now have more transparency and more highs.