Cat.5 hurricane near & I'm still building these things.

Started by csj, September 14, 2004, 02:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

csj

Finished this while waiting for Ivan.
Not much else you can do really. Now we just sit and wait.
The generator's fixed now so at least I'll have power this time.
25 gallons of spare gas.
Barrel fan.
First aid kit.
Bread, water and a few goodies.
This pedal, a baby Marshall and my Les Paul.
A Bible.

Bring it on.

moritz

:shock:  Ooooo la la.... very nice!!!  :D

How ever did you manage those sexy hot rod flames? templates/masking tape and an airbrush perhaps?

Looks absolutely killer, well done!  :wink:

Sic

hey clay, that looks pretty smooth my friend.,

best withes with the hurrican, im sure everything will be fine

If there is anything us not in danger can do to help let us know bud!

-Leon

Jason Stout

Jason Stout

strungout

"Displaying my ignorance for the whole world to teach".

"Taste can be acquired, like knowledge. What you find bitter, or can't understand, now, you might appreciate later. If you keep trying".

csj

Hi Doug,
I'm up here near Pensacola... I live in Gulf Breeze which is just across the bridge from it. I grew up in So. California but went to college @ FSU. I did a stint in the USAF working with radar and navaids in FL then I returned to LA working for the FAA. My wife is from Fort Walton Beach, FL so we decided to move back here in the mid 90's. I've mentioned a few things about LA in the past so maybe that's where you got the idea. As bad as this weather can get here some times I still love FL (and the South in general) and I'd wouldn't even consider moving back out west. I'd like to get down your way sometime and visit you and Rick Vance and just say hi.

Leon, you are the coolest "young" guy I know. Any word on what-his-names effects booklet? I never heard back from him either. Check out Midwest Analog. I'm gonna get the book on the 3080 OTA. Check their other books too. Tell me what you think.

Back to preparing to hunker. I know there's a few DIY'ers in Mobile, AL here too. Hope you guys are doing well.

Thanks for the nice remarks too.

Clay Jones

Lonestarjohnny

nice pedal Clay, and it's starting to look like you might think about takin cover buddy, I know I sure would, same for all you guy's that may be in it's path,
Johnny

Hal

I think that can legally classify you as an addict...

Good luck :-D

a volunteer club in my school is collecting stuff to send down to florida.  I'm bringing in 50 clothepins....because its on some list lol.    I should voluteer to bring in 50 J201's :-D

RDV

What is this pedal? It looks a bunch like those Landgraph thingys finish-wise.

Hunker down!

RDV

Sic

no luck with the book thus far clay.

btw RDV, you crack me up lol. always something funny, then that overthe-top smile avatar/picture. (not really avatar as im sure its your real pic, but ya get the idea)

RDV

Quote from: Sicbtw RDV, you crack me up lol. always something funny, then that overthe-top smile avatar/picture. (not really avatar as im sure its your real pic, but ya get the idea)
If you saw the whole picture you'd know why I was grinning like that. There was a blond built like a model with her arm around me telling me to smile.  :D

Then she introduced me to her husband!  :(

RDV

LinuxMan

Quote from: RDV
Quote from: Sicbtw RDV, you crack me up lol. always something funny, then that overthe-top smile avatar/picture. (not really avatar as im sure its your real pic, but ya get the idea)
If you saw the whole picture you'd know why I was grinning like that. There was a blond built like a model with her arm around me telling me to smile.  :D

Then she introduced me to her husband!  :(

RDV

And you cut HER out?  :shock:

I would prefer her grinning there too... ;)

Cheers
LM

MartyB

Outside in the cold distance
A wildcat did prowl.
Two riders were approaching
And the wind began to howl.

Stay low dudes.

RDV

Quote from: Doug_HDid she really have to tell you to smile? :)
No, she was drop-dead gorgeous, and I was completely smitten. My wife hates that picture. I was really stressed out that day as I recall. My brother was driving in from AR with a car he was selling me & I was a bit worried about him. So I was the opposite of that picture all night, just a frowning grouch monster. The gig wasn't exactly happening either. One of those nights where the club owner says "Where's your following?". God, I hate that, I wanna say "They were gonna come, but when we told them we were playing here they said to call them when we get a better gig".

RDV

petemoore

Quote from: RDV
No, she was drop-dead gorgeous, and I was completely smitten. My wife hates that picture. I was really stressed out that day as I recall. My brother was driving in from AR with a car he was selling me & I was a bit worried about him. So I was the opposite of that picture all night, just a frowning grouch monster. The gig wasn't exactly happening either. One of those nights where the club owner says "Where's your following?". God, I hate that, I wanna say "They were gonna come, but when we told them we were playing here they said to call them when we get a better gig".

RDV
I hate that too. The last gig we did was at a meth/biker/Dancewhor/bar...just after the recent meth bust [two doors down]...the grumpy old owner says "Where's your'e following?"...people are so stupid you have to insult them to be honest...I refrained from telling him 'you have a very selective clientel here', 'none of the people I know would want to come here".
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

RDV

Here's a recent picture my wife doesn't like for you guys who wanted to see the other blond, this ain't her, but I figured yous guys would like her anyways.

RDV