Femto-Verb--a DIY digital reverb pedal

Started by DaveTV, September 21, 2004, 02:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Snowberg

Mike:
You may want to look at the cost of that dev board and of the Alesis PicoVerb. The Picoverb is in some ways a more complete circuit. The only thing you really need to add is a high impedance input buffer.

DaveTV has the best schematic so far because it's tailored for guitar, it uses NE5532s, and it has a mix control. :D

Dave:
You don't have to worry about tying outputs, only inputs. The problem is that floating CMOS inputs can get saturated and pull the chip into a condition called "latch-up". Outputs are always being held at a known state by the chip so they never need to be tied(!).

I would also suggest trying to mix the DAC channels by connecting a second set of 10uF/10K on the second output and connecting those outs to the first pair across the 0.001uF cap. I don't think stereo out is amazingly useful in this application becasue the second channel has sounds that could be called "reinforcing" rather than a main effect.
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

mikeb

Wavefront Semi have been generous - it[s only costing me postage. Will save soldering those ^!@%&! SMD ICs one time at least. :)

Mike