Marshall style footswitch boxes?

Started by old okie, April 09, 2013, 11:41:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

old okie

Hi, new guy here.  :)

I built a pedal using the box from an old marshall 2 button footswitch. I really like the box style and construction and would like to use the same  type box for future builds, but haven't been able to find the blank boxes they use. I've seen the exact same box used by other amp manufacturers and also seen aftermarket footswitches in the same boxes so I know there is a manufacturer making them somewhere, I just cant find them, I've burned up google and turned up nothing.

if anybody knows where to find them I'd really appreciate it

Thanks!

old okie

Thanks jimbeaux  :)

so I'm guessing there's nobody that sells the housings undrilled and unpainted  :(

jimbeaux

Sorry - didn't read your whole post - Don't recall seeing raw, un-drilled enclosures anywhere - will post if I can find some.

old okie

thanks , I really appreciate it.  I found some Hammond boxes that look similar but they all have aluminum tops, i like the rugged steel that the footswitch boxes are made of

nocentelli

Ooh, have you got a link for Hammond boxes in that style? I've broken too many drill bits trying to drill steel.... Thanks.
Quote from: kayceesqueeze on the back and never open it up again

old okie

Mark Hammer

I built a MosFet booster into one of these, that I had bought 2nd hand.  I have a 2 button unit I also got cheap that I am tempted to convert. 

Although the location of the hole for the switch certainly constrains what you can put in there, there is still some limited flexibility.  Plus, the switch itself is situated in a location that is relatively easy on the ankle for stepping.  Keep an eye out at pawnshops and music stores.  I find they frequently have bins of orphaned amp footswitches (often overpriced, but sometimes cheap).

old okie

Oh yeah that style is pretty cool looking too. I agree about the footswitch hole location, I mounted a GGG bluesbreaker and stratoblaster in the marshall box and it was a little tricky to het them in there. That's why I was looking for the undrilled housings so I can move the foorswitches down a bit and open up some room for mounting the boards

MartyMart

This was one in an amp footswitch box >

Picked up two of them in a "bits and pieces" box in a music store.

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

old okie

Ooh, the English Channel, it's on my short list of pedals i want to build  :)

MartyMart

Quote from: old okie on April 09, 2013, 10:21:14 PM
Ooh, the English Channel, it's on my short list of pedals i want to build  :)

I can fully recommend it, I think I made that in 2006 !!

Had to re-wire it after a while as it was one of my first and was a total mess !  TIP>

Don't use wire suitable for mains wiring in a tight pedal enclosure !

M.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com