Think twice before you hand label that stompbox!

Started by bwanasonic, November 27, 2004, 03:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwanasonic

Hand label your boxes? You may want to head over to http://www.belt.demon.co.uk/product/redxpen/rxp.html and order the * P.W.B. Red 'x' Co-ordinate Pen * ! Here is a sample of what it can do for you:

The simplest proof of the efficacy of this special pen is to sign your name in the following way on the outside cover of a Compact Disc or vinyl record.

Using your normal signature, you write. e.g.

John Smith > O.K.

The writing of the affirmative, beneficial term ( > O.K. ) is part of the transferring of the beneficial thought patterns from the human to the written message. This form of message can be written with advantage directly onto the printed label side of a Compact Disc or vinyl record where the beneficial change to the perceived sound within the listening environment will be readily appreciated. It should be noted that once an object has had the 'x' space-time co-ordinate formed on the object using the P.W.B. Red 'x' Pen, the 'x' co-ordinate remains permanently on the object.

We know that many people are interested in the scientific implications created by a P.W.B. device. We are therefore supplying, for a limited period, a specially treated self adhesive film with each P.W.B. Red 'x' Pen. When the Red 'x' Pen writes on this material, a subliminal message readily understood by any human within its vicinity, is formed on the material. If the written message is attached to the outer surface of an object such as a loudspeaker cabinet or the outer case of any electronic or audio equipment, a significant change to the perceived sound within the listening room will occur.

As Strongbad would say: Holy Crap!

:roll:

Kerry M

Ge_Whiz

The guy will never sell it until he learns to use the word "mojo".

bwanasonic

The pitiful thing is the guy IS selling them, and dimwits in leading audio mags are giving him ink and claiming they can hear the effects. If anyone can prove they can hear the effects in a double blind test using the ABX comparator, they can claim $1,000,000 at from the JREF.

Kerry M

Fret Wire

Back in the 16th century, they burnt lute players at the stake for using a wooden box called a "Big Muff Pie".

My next box will have graphics like "guitarus inputus" and "outputus maximus"

Maybe that pen should be used to label those $500 dollar wooden audiophile knobs.
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

R.G.

I think of the cost of dim-bulb dinguses for audio as a punishment for not having paid attention in science class.

P.T. Barnum would have been proud. If only he'd lived, he'd be selling high end audio.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

black mariah

Quote from: R.G.
P.T. Barnum would have been proud. If only he'd lived, he'd be selling high end audio.

That's the best thing I've read in a while. I am going to steal and overuse this line for years to come. :lol:

Fret Wire

Actually, if P.T. were alive, he wouldn't bother with audio. He'd make a killing in Real Estate, and Wall Street.

Then he'd make a few more millions in pocket change with his infomercials, selling the "so called secret" to welfare losers who want to get rich without working for it.
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

ragtime8922

This is an absolute classic!

I'll bet this is an american company. If not it will most definitely sell better here in the good old USA. There are 2 suckers born here every minute.

What else do they sell? I gotta go check this out.

KORGULL

QuoteWe are therefore supplying, for a limited period, a specially treated self adhesive film with each P.W.B. Red 'x' Pen. When the Red 'x' Pen writes on this material, a subliminal message readily understood by any human within its vicinity, is formed on the material. If the written message is attached to the outer surface of an object such as a loudspeaker cabinet or the outer case of any electronic or audio equipment, a significant change to the perceived sound within the listening room will occur.

Thanks for the link -I've been using a sharpie and packing tape for this  - now I can finally get the proper supplies!

GreenEye

"A thin coating of Cream-Electret should be applied to the underside of the covers of all amplifiers., preamplifiers., CD players., tuner.,. tape cassette players., video recorders and the perspex cover of record players."

Have you creamed on your tape deck today?

nooneknows

Believe or not, some audiopile mental masturbations does work.
For example painting with a black permanent marker the edge of q compact disc CAN inluence the quality of listening (I did it and sometimes I heard differences - a stronger virtual stage - sometimes I don't).
Or freezing the cd in the fridge for a while (it has something to do with the polymers of the layers) can results in subtle but real difference (of course you need a well set up hifi system, not the one from a supermarket)
I think this one, the PBWwhateveritis, is just a pure mental masturbation...
ciao,
Marcello

bwanasonic

Quote from: nooneknowsBelieve or not, some audiopile mental masturbations does work.
For example painting with a black permanent marker the edge of q compact disc CAN inluence the quality of listening (I did it and sometimes I heard differences - a stronger virtual stage - sometimes I don't).
Or freezing the cd in the fridge for a while (it has something to do with the polymers of the layers) can results in subtle but real difference (of course you need a well set up hifi system, not the one from a supermarket)
I think this one, the PBWwhateveritis, is just a pure mental masturbation...
ciao,
Marcello

Sorry, but until you can prove it in a double blind situation, I seriously doubt either of those claims. A CD contains BINARY DATA! The lens either reads the data or it doesn't. Take two identical CDs, and treat one and not the other, then have someone switch bewteen them  in way that you have no way of knowing which disc is playing. Now record your guesses as to which disc is playing. Can you repeatedly identify the treated disc more than 50% of the time (i.e. better than chance guessing)?

Sounds like a job for Mythbusters...

Kerry M

puretube

there`ll be no A/B-comparison possible with the "MoJo"-pedals ,
since all of them will be audiophilly master bate-labelled
in the future:

http://diystompboxes.com/sboxforum/viewtopic.php?t=25039&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=225

The Tone God

Quote from: bwanasonicSounds like a job for Mythbusters...

I could ask Jamie and Adam to use their championship winning battlebot Blendo to destroy that crap.

Quote...since all of them will be audiophilly master bate-labelled...

Would you go blind or deaf in that case :?: :lol:

This all makes me wonder how much mojo I'm adding to my boxes when I use metal leaf for labels. :roll:

Andrew

puretube

Quotewhen I use metal leaf for labels.

meat love ???

(I`d Rather Go Blind...)

[X-tine Perfect/Stan Webb/Chicken Shack?]

troubledtom

beam me up scotty, our worx done here.
lol,
- tt

puretube

Fret Wire

Quote from: puretubesince all of them will be audiophilly master bate-labelled
in the future:

Oh no...does this mean we're hiring Pee Wee Herman? :shock:
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

nooneknows

Quote from: bwanasonic
Sorry, but until you can prove it in a double blind situation, I seriously doubt either of those claims. A CD contains BINARY DATA! The lens either reads the data or it doesn't. Take two identical CDs, and treat one and not the other, then have someone switch bewteen them  in way that you have no way of knowing which disc is playing. Now record your guesses as to which disc is playing. Can you repeatedly identify the treated disc more than 50% of the time (i.e. better than chance guessing)?

Sounds like a job for Mythbusters...

Kerry M

:)
Well, I don't want you to believe me the classic troll of the chat, but I'm quite sure about the things I said. We often ("we" = a group of hi-fi lovers) use blind testing. As I said, sometimes mojo things work, sometimes (much more often) they simply don't.
About the cd matter, you have to remember that  audio-cd are not written like data-cd, but they're burned in some kind of a spiral path, so if you loose a sample it's hard to recover it and there's an interpolation to recover the lost one.  And there are a number of reasons to have a lost sample (mechanics, interference, offaxis reading, vibrations etc etc.).
However you can still not believe in it, and still we will be both happy :)
BTW, I've never bought expensive mojo stuff, I've only tried inexpensive material to improve the sound and sometimes they do their job well.
If someone is interested in, try have a look at www.tnt-audio.com  in the tweaking section.
bye,
M.