Danelectro hash browns flanger mods

Started by SnooP_Wiggles, October 28, 2004, 07:54:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SnooP_Wiggles

I recently bought one of these flangers and found it to be ok, but i don't like how it hangs at the top for a second or so. Does anyone know a mod to get rid of this so it modulates like a standard flanger? any help would be greatly appreciated...

StephenGiles

Do you have a circuit for this?
Stephen
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

Mark Hammer

Quote from: SnooP_Wigglesi don't like how it hangs at the top for a second or so.

What does that mean?  Does it "hang at the top" no matter how you set the width, or is it the case that at max sweep width there just seems to be nothing really changing at the highest point in the sweep?

bioroids

It is an ugly LFO, I used to suffer it.

Also is tiny surface mount, difficult to mod...
Eramos tan pobres!

SnooP_Wiggles

By hanging at the top i mean this. Since this is a 3 knob flanger it is set up so the width just specifies the max delay the thing sweeps to, so the min delay is unchanged (where its at the top). The big problem though is at the min delay of 1ms or so the LFO stays at 1ms delay  for around 1/2 a second, compared the the usual of the LFO ramping up to 1ms delay or so and then straight away sweeping back down. hope that helps..