Mutron Octave Divider

Started by waldo041, December 01, 2004, 02:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waldo041

i am sorry i am a newb and wish no trouble. peace waldo

Gus

So you are asking people to violate copyright laws.  Making a direct copy of the artwork can get you in trouble.  I hope you are not tring to pass them off as real.

waldo041

Copyright 1998 by J. Dianne Brinson and Mark F. Radcliffe

From AMZFX.com
A little info on copyright law, just needed to pass it on.peace waldo

Fair Use
You don't need a license to use a copyrighted work if your use is "fair use." Unfortunately, it is difficult to tell whether a particular use of a work is fair or unfair. Determinations are made on a case-by-case basis by considering four factors:

Factor #1: Purpose and character of use. The courts are most likely to find fair use where the use is for noncommercial purposes, such as a book review.
Factor #2: Nature of the copyrighted work. The courts are most likely to find fair use where the copied work is a factual work rather than a creative one.
Factor #3: Amount and substantiality of the portion used. The courts are most likely to find fair use where what is used is a tiny amount of the protected work. If what is used is small in amount but substantial in terms of importance, a finding of fair use is unlikely.
Factor #4: Effect on the potential market for or value of the protected work. The courts are most likely to find fair use where the new work is not a substitute for the copyrighted work.
If your multimedia work serves traditional "fair use" purposes - criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research - you have a better chance of falling within the bounds of fair use than you do if your work is a sold to the public for entertainment purposes and for commercial gain.

www.laderapress.com
AN INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAW PRIMER FOR MULTIMEDIA AND WEB DEVELOPERS

Copyright 1998 by J. Dianne Brinson and Mark F. Radcliffe