Finally! Breadboard Success!

Started by bwanasonic, December 05, 2004, 04:28:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwanasonic

I hate to confess this, but I have breadboard phobia. I have just never been able to get a breadboard circuit to work. I finally decided to conquer my mental block, and actually got a sili-face II up and running on breadboard today!

Release the kites! Thanks ROG!

Kerry M

StephenGiles

Well there you go - well done. No stopping you now!
Stephen
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

Dragonfly

im gonna have to make time to build the English Channel soon...i LOVE AC30's, and it seems like this pedal could bring some of that character to my amp....

Paul Marossy

Yeah, the breadboard can be kind of frustrating. I need to use mine more. I think it's a "practice makes perfect" kind of thing.

Dragonfly

Quote from: Dragonflyim gonna have to make time to build the English Channel soon...i LOVE AC30's, and it seems like this pedal could bring some of that character to my amp....

hmmm...i actually posted "this" on a different thread...the RDV thread about his "old standards", and somehow it wound up here !!!!

crazy things happening on the forum these days....i think the forum's HAUNTED  :twisted:

Eric H

Quote from: bwanasonicI hate to confess this, but I have breadboard phobia. I have just never been able to get a breadboard circuit to work. I finally decided to conquer my mental block, and actually got a sili-face II up and running on breadboard today!

Release the kites! Thanks ROG!

Kerry M

I have a breadboard around here somewhere...I think it has RG's jfet tester built into it. In the limited time I have for building I use perfboard, lots of sockets and trimmers --breadboards just don't connect with my mindset, I guess. Most of the design gets done on paper, first.

-Eric
" I've had it with cheap cables..."
--DougH

Paul Marossy

Quotebreadboards just don't connect with my mindset, I guess. Most of the design gets done on paper, first.

I can relate. That's exactly how I feel about breadboards. I find that my prototyping board makes a very handy circuit testing fixture, though!  8)