"Blue Clipper" painted and decorated pics. . .

Started by MartyMart, December 07, 2004, 01:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyMart

You can see the circuit in the background, which was completed a few days ago.
There wasn't much interest in the first "Blue clipper" post, as the forum was "up in arms" for a few days !!
The box has three coats of "sparkle metalic blue" spray paint, water slide decals, which were sealed with acrylic varnish before soaking and two coats of same on top, one more will obscure the decal "edges" I think !
The "dots" for volume were too close together, so the "knob" will cover them. . . . . . DUH !
Hope you like it as much as me ?
Thanks again to R.O.G who get a "circuit designed by" credit !

Marty.

http://www.pbase.com/martymart/image/37245519
http://www.pbase.com/martymart/image/37245521
http://www.pbase.com/martymart/image/37245523
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Marcos - Munky

MartyMart

The third photo, from the side, represents the true colour best !
Its quite a "royal blue" colour.
Marty. :D
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"

B Tremblay

The paint job is very nice.  Not to rain on your parade, but runoffgroove.com shouldn't be credited as the designer of the Blue Clipper - that honor belongs to George Merriman and Dan Armstrong.

The New Clipper is an attempt at creating a good-sounding circuit from the widely-available, but incorrect schematic of the Blue Clipper.
B Tremblay
runoffgroove.com

MartyMart

Quote from: B TremblayThe paint job is very nice.  Not to rain on your parade, but runoffgroove.com shouldn't be credited as the designer of the Blue Clipper - that honor belongs to George Merriman and Dan Armstrong.

OOPS!,
well its only for me, so no problem, next time I'll get the credit right !!

Marty.

nightingale

nice one
i have been considering the blue rust-oleum paint myself.  there are alot of other really good colors:
http://www.rustoleum.com/product.asp?frm_product_id=22&SBL=1

i would like to try the ruby red one.
be well,
ryanS
www.moccasinmusic.com

Gilles C

I love it. I love it so much that I think I will use that color for my next box.  8)

Then a red one.

Btw, it would look great with flames. :twisted:

Gilles

petemoore

Beautiful Blue Box.
 Gotta love the deep sparkle and hues of blues !!!
 I think ROG" [Roger] is REALLY going to like this !!!
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

ethrbunny

what kind of box is / was it? How did you treat it (or did you) before painting it? and did you bake it?
--- Dharma Desired
"Life on the steep part of the learning curve"

MartyMart

Quote from: ethrbunnywhat kind of box is / was it? How did you treat it (or did you) before painting it? and did you bake it?

Thanks for your kind words guy's :D
It's my first "paint & decal" job that i'm almost pleased with !!
Finishing the box is the hard bit for me  ! :wink:

There was no "pre-treatment" its just a standard hammond box from steve at smallbear, a bit of a rub down and wiped with alcohol first, thats all, the bake process is too smelly and noxious for me to bother with.

Next one will be metallic red ......!

Cheers,
Marty.

KORGULL

Nice work, a blue LED would be cool with that box.
I've had my eye on some  blue sparkle paint also.
I'm glad you put these pictures up 'cause I was wondering how visible the waterslide decals would be on that color. - Looks great, I'm definitely buying some now.
-See ya.

MartyMart

Quote from: KORGULLNice work, a blue LED would be cool with that box.
I've had my eye on some  blue sparkle paint also.
I'm glad you put these pictures up 'cause I was wondering how visible the waterslide decals would be on that color. - Looks great, I'm definitely buying some now.
-See ya.

Thanks KORGULL,
the decals are just visable, but if you take some time to do 3 or 4 laquer coats, they get very subtle.
They were "Clear water slide decals" for "Inkjet" printers.
So you all know, the paint is by "Plasti-kote" ref: E5408-622 from the UK, go to : www.spraypaint.co.uk
The small hole near the pot is for a 3mm "Blue" LED and a plastic collar !
I'll post another pic today, when its back together again.
Cheers,
Marty. 8)