so close......

Started by guitarmonky55, December 07, 2004, 06:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guitarmonky55

ok so ive been having problems getting my first FF working(easy face at ggg, http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/diagrams/easyface.pdf ) .  i borrowed a multimeter from a friend and poked around, and found that my power is fine everywhere throughout, my problem is that the signal is refusing to move through c2.  i am getting signal all the way from input to where pregain connects to c2, but after that nothing.  c2 was called to be a .01uF electrolytic cap from the provided diagram, but smallbear didnt have one and i have read numerous places that its fine to replace a cap like this with a nonpolarized......so i did.  i even tried changing the cap to another nonpolarized of .1uF, no change.  any ideas as to what my problem could be? im really at a loss here.

petemoore

Quote from: guitarmonky55ok so ive been having problems getting my first FF working(easy face at ggg, ) .  i borrowed a multimeter from a friend and poked around, and found that my power is fine everywhere throughout, my problem is that the signal is refusing to move through c2.  i am getting signal all the way from input to where pregain connects to c2, but after that nothing.  c2 was called to be a .01uF electrolytic cap from the provided diagram, but smallbear didnt have one and i have read numerous places that its fine to replace a cap like this with a nonpolarized......so i did.  i even tried changing the cap to another nonpolarized of .1uF, no change.  any ideas as to what my problem could be? im really at a loss here.
Is your input signal grounded?...shouldn't be, check for grounds around the input.
 Try audio injecting the base of Q1, apply the source there, and see if you can get it to sound, use an input capacitor...the source could be guitar or other. I use my thumb for 9V circuits, listen for the buzz like tip of live, open cable makes when you touch it.
 Rechecking for wiring problems by verifying with DMM beep mode or Resistance Range/ What are the voltages at pins of Q's 1, E.C.B. and Q2, E.B.C. from ground, also the measured battery voltage?
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

guitarmonky55

when you say input signal grounded, do you mean like grounded from the input jack?  because i do have it grounded there... ill take the ground off and check.  

dont have time to write the voltages out right now, ill do it later, supposed to be doing a physics project but just couldnt wait to see if someone knew my problem :)