Anyone remember this transistor pinout site?

Started by Craig V, September 01, 2003, 06:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig V

I saw a website that had graphics with all the types of transistors and their pinouts.  I have been looking for about an hour, and haven't found the site.  

Can anyone help me?

Thank you in advance.

petemoore59

The dmm to find it for me before...not saying much here except it worked AFAIC tell...

Marcos - Munky

I don't know if this is what you saw, but in AMZ schematics page you will find a image with some pinouts.

Craig V

Thanks.  

That isn't the site, but is just as good.  It doesn't have the one I am looking for, but I doubt the other one was either.  I am going to bookmark the muzique chart though.

I found the pinout from the Fulltone site, under the true bypass diagram for the Thomas Organ wah.  They are 5117's and its ECB not EBC.  That's why my BC108's didn't work.

Thanks everyone.

Bluesgeetar

The new DMM I just bought from Radio shack has a Transistor socket on it for testing trannys.  When you put the tranny in it the flashes on the screen first the pinout then either PNP or NPN and then the HFE.  A real no brainer.  Take care of the problems of figuring out the pinout of a tranny.  They were regularly $89 but Radio Shack is blowing them out for $39!  The meter reads just about everything known to man I think.  It also has two slots next to the tranny socket for putting resistors and caps in and measuring on the fly!  No tester leads needed.  But it also has standard test lead sockets and comes with leads and some other strange probe.  The mother is packed with features and is really simple.  The one I bought was the last one at the Radio Shack close to me.  They said they sold out quick!!!!  But some other stores still had a few.  Also a 180 day waranty with exhange or refund at the store.  No pinout websites needed!!!

SoundTech

Hey, Bluesgeetar.  You wouldn't happen to have the RS part number for that meter handy, would you?
Sound Tech
  (((O)))

Greg Moss

What's the model #?  Sound's like i'd be in the market for one of these....

Greg

Bluesgeetar

The only number I could find on it was the Catalog number.  Here you go.

CAT. NO. 22-174B  

that is the only number there fellers.  It is a Radio Shack Tandy brand.

Andy

going back to the pin-out question...How many different combo's could there be to a tranny to not figure out on your own?  There are really only four possibilities..either an npn, pnp and the cbe of either.  I have a similar DMM that checks HFe and by trial-error, you can figure out the npn/pnp layout.

I am gonna check as well into getting one of those neat meters.
Andy

Bluesgeetar

http://www.diystompboxes.com/pedals/FAQ.html

Here is a quote by our wonderful master on the faq page here!

I'm looking for a multimeter, is there a good, reasonably priced one?

I checked all over the place and the best one I found for a mid-priced one is the Radio Shack True RMS Digital Multimeter. At $99 it's great ($15 off if you join Sprint :-))

It has True RMS, Capacitance, hFE (transistor gain), auto pinout identification for transistors, slots for testing resistors and capacitors and diodes (don't have to use leads), temperature and best of all, it's auto-ranging!

The catalog number is: 22-174B.

Try and find another multimeter with more features at this price!

PS  I didn't see any on Radio Shacks website.  All I saw was a bunch a support documents.  You guys that do want one need to haul ass to your local Radio Shack store and get them to find one.  Here in Federal Way, WA the Supermall in Auburn (about 4 miles away) has two left but the two Radio Shack stores down the road a couple of blocks are sold out.  Better get em while you can!  If anyone wants to contact the Auburn sotre and maybe a couple others around here my ZIP is 98003.  Insert zip in the store locator on the Radio Shack website.  That will bring up the stores close to me.  Auburb Supermall one is the one with two.  I only checked three stores so you will have to call the others.  180 warranty at $39 bucks.  I'm pretty sure you can order stuff from stores by mail also.

I hope I helped

aron

Quote from: Craig VI saw a website that had graphics with all the types of transistors and their pinouts.  I have been looking for about an hour, and haven't found the site.  

Couldn't you look it up on the nte site?

www.nteinc.com