My second Box finished!

Started by 1965mt, December 14, 2004, 08:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1965mt

The effect is a tremolo using an AD633 and two transistors. One transistor is for the phase shift oscillator and the other is to amplify the input. If I build another it will incorporate a third transistor to make the output phase match the input phase.

I am using a wal-wart to supply the +/- 12V. The PS has a male 5-pin DIN connector so I put two female connectors on the chassis so that I can daisy chain effects.

I used a dual ganged pot for the oscillator to get maximum turndown. This version only utilizes a sine wave.

I decided to use Aron's 3PDT switch for bypass.

Overall this is a nice sounding tremolo!

Marcos - Munky

Very interesting. There is a schematic available?

1965mt

I don't have a lot of fancy software :x , but I will see what I can do.

idlefaction

I have some AD633's that i got a while ago and never got round to using, i was going to build a ring modulator with them.  is yours anything like the data sheet circuit?  :-)
Darren
NZ

1965mt

Yes. I'm not sure what the Ring Modulator terminolgy is though... I will have to look that up. I thought a RM was more like Signal A + Signal B. I was looking for Signal A X Signal B.

But, The oscillator is connected to pin 1. The guitar input is connected to pin 3. Pins 2,4&6 are connected to ground.

Pins 5&8 are connected to +/-12v.

I have a jpg of the hand drawn schematic. If anyone is interested I can send it to you.

Marcos - Munky