Speaking of 9mm PCB-mount pots...

Started by drew, September 01, 2003, 09:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drew

In Mouser these dudes are $2.38 in quantities of 100... (item 311-1901, pg 367 / cat 615) Anyone know a cheaper source of these, outside of surplus?

The dude who makes Oakleysynth.com uses some kind of British-made pots by Omeg - http://www.oakleysound.com/prices.htm has a pic and link. Anyone used these for pedals?

thanks!

drew
toothpastefordinner.com

Steve C

Check out the 317-2080-value, and 317-2090-value.  They're only $0.98 a piece.  I haven't had any problems with them.

gez

They're not 9mm, they're 16mm though you can cut the shafts down.  I bought some from Maplins once but never got round to using them.  The square bases take up room and make things cramped, but that's just my opinion.
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

drew

STEVE!!!! Thanks! $0.75 in quantity of 100 = going to be in my basement very soon.

I didn't see the PC-mount pins when I looked at 'em before, I thought the giant tabs were the pins...

drew
toothpastefordinner.com

Andy

I've asked before but here goes again  :D   when the pot says "x" millimeter, what is that measuring?  the diameter of the case or the length of the shaft?
Andy

Steve C

Quotewhen the pot says "x" millimeter, what is that measuring?

The diameter of the pots rotation.