Yup the "thousand dollar" TS 808 !!!!!

Started by MartyMart, December 21, 2004, 10:35:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyMart

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

RDV

Reminds me that I sold my original TS-9 cause it didn't get distorted enough for me.....for $20.00 :shock: .

RDV

AL

Yeah but if your in the UK it's only 500 !!!!  :roll: Or you could buy a good Fender Bassman (for less $$) and get the same sound. Nah !!! That's silly.

AL

MartyMart

Quote from: RDVReminds me that I sold my original TS-9 cause it didn't get distorted enough for me.....for $20.00 :shock: .

RDV

OOPS !
I sold my '808 last year for 650 bucks ! ( £330 )  !!
If only I had known, I would have bought 50 of the little greenies !!! :roll:

Marty 8)
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"

cd

Quote from: MartyMart
Quote from: RDVReminds me that I sold my original TS-9 cause it didn't get distorted enough for me.....for $20.00 :shock: .

RDV

OOPS !

Marty 8)

I would have bought Microsoft stock, but to each is own.

MartyMart

Quote from: cd
Quote from: MartyMart

RDV

OOPS !

Marty 8)

I would have bought Microsoft stock, but to each is own.

Or a nice share in Apple's stock ! ( I prefer "Jobs" to "Gates"....just !! )

Marty  :wink:

Paul Marossy

Mark Hammer

Well now hold on a minute.  Scroll waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy down and you'll see that it comes with the phone numbers and a set of Polaroids of every woman that Gene Simmons has ever, um, "distorted"......AND a new battery. :lol:

gez

Anyone know the going rate for a TS10 in the UK?  Don't use mine so want to flog it (once I get round to servicing it).
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

MartyMart

Quote from: gezAnyone know the going rate for a TS10 in the UK?  Don't use mine so want to flog it (once I get round to servicing it).

If it's "mint" and you stick it on Ebay with all the "JRC4558D" mojo and "SRV" nonsense, ( like WHO will ever play like SRV !!!! ) you may get £50 pounds for it, average condition, they go for 30--40

Marty. :wink:

EDIT:  Sorry for the "tone" but I'm just a bit sick of the "tubescreamer" hype, unless of course, . . . . . . . .  I'm selling one . . . . .  :roll:

gez

Quote from: MartyMartIf it's "mint" and you stick it on Ebay with all the "JRC4558D" mojo and "SRV" nonsense, ( like WHO will ever play like SRV !!!! ) you may get £50 pounds for it, average condition, they go for 30--40

Marty. :wink:

Thanks Marty, I was thinking that £40 would be about right.  It's more or less mint, the pots just need cleaning.
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

STOMPmole

I found one at a pawnshop years ago for $25 (even at the time it was probably worth $150 due to the growing hype).  I didn't like it and traded it to a friend for a script logo MXR Dist+ which was later stolen from me.

I just build a Dist+ along with a TS-808 clone and visited my friend to A/B the Tubescreamers.  FWIW my clone sounded BETTER than the original and it was a whooping $20 to build!

I have a new appreciation for the Tubescreamer (I actually like it now) but still don't think it lives up to even 1/8 of the hype that surrounds it.