Z-Vex finish and shiny stomp buttons

Started by Mark Hammer, January 04, 2005, 02:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zachary vex

yeah, they do seem to have gone, hmm?  8^)

Jehle

That was probably a wise move to protect your idea. There's such a hot market for iPod add ons ( iAddOn ?) that I would hate for some big company to come along and pilpher the idea from you.

Sign me up as one of your first customers.  I cannot get the idea of it out of my head.  Plus the missus, who would need to have her iPod surgically removed at this point, also loves the look of it too. ;)

Paul Marossy

Well Z, you sure can pack those little 1590Bs full of stuff!  8)

zachary vex

Quote from: JehleThat was probably a wise move to protect your idea. There's such a hot market for iPod add ons ( iAddOn ?) that I would hate for some big company to come along and pilpher the idea from you.

Sign me up as one of your first customers.  I cannot get the idea of it out of my head.  Plus the missus, who would need to have her iPod surgically removed at this point, also loves the look of it too. ;)

i'll see if i can get my dealers to carry them.  they've been pretty receptive to the nano heads.  thanks for your support!  8^)

Mike Burgundy

I'm surprised IV (I-Vee) didn't pop up.
Guess theyre not running ER anymore, huh?
Sadly I missed the pics, but I'm very, very curious. Now for those lottery tickets....

Paul Marossy

QuoteSadly I missed the pics, but I'm very, very curious.

It looks kind of like a Nano Head, but with two transformers on top and plexiglass front and back in place of the roll bars on the Nano Head. All packed into a 1590B, of course.  :wink:

Michael Allen

that's in a 1590B? Are you kidding me?

Paul Marossy

Yeah, Z is something of a miracle worker, huh?  :lol:

zachary vex

Quote from: Michael Allenthat's in a 1590B? Are you kidding me?

technically, it's not a 1590B.  it's made from a mold i have opened, and it's very slightly smaller than a 1590B, but almost the same size.  8^)

i suppose i should post a picture of me holding it so you could really get an idea of the size!

puretube

Quote from: Michael Allenthat's in a 1590B? Are you kidding me?

well, it`s partly on top, rather than in, isn`t it?  :P

Respect!, Mr. Vex  8)  :wink:

puretube

Quote from: JehleOoooooooh  Aaaaaaaaaahh
... the exposed tubes and coils, perfect.  It looks... German.  :D ...

those coils look like OTs to me...

"TubePac" ("2B-Pac");
"i-2B" ("eye-twoob")

:)

zachary vex

Peter Snowberg

Eschew paradigm obfuscation

Paul Marossy

Other than the obvious reasons, the one thing I really like about Z. Vex pedals is their small size. I hate big, bulky pedals. I'm sure other builders would have most of those circuits in a Hammond 1590BB or larger enclosure.

puretube

(forgive me, I couldn`t resist copying it from HC to here...)
:wink:

AL

Oh baby is THAT cool !!!!    8) I'd take a non-working one just so I could glare at it. By the way. Congratulations to Zach. The new Guitar Player magazine with Nels Cline (Wilco) on the cover has a picture of Nels' pedal board (in the article not on the cover) and there is a ZVEX pedal on the board. Nothin' like free advertisement. The fact that they called Nels a genius probably won't hurt anything either. :D

AL

puretube

Peter Snowberg

Eschew paradigm obfuscation

puretube