New BOOSTER for ya !!!!

Started by Dragonfly, January 15, 2005, 10:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Connoisseur of Distortion

Well, since this thread got bumped, and i hve the chance to push it onto the 100 mark ( :twisted: ) just thought i'd mention my experience.

The circuit quieted my signal down... i was using a J201 instead of the recommended NTE458 (i live too far from an NTE carrying shop, and i can't stand waiting for mail!) Anyone have a similar issue?

petemoore

The two knobs on the SB, are very useful...I'm running it into a 50w MkII head> 4 x 12's...I can get it to go very close to my other Jfet boosters tones, but also get 'distortedge' from it.
 1 Jfet and a couple knobs later [plusa few board parts] and the SB schematic...put a big  :)  on MY head !!!
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Torchy

soggybag

Is there a schematic of the Sparkleboost posted somewhere?

Dragonfly

Quote from: Dragonfly
Quote from: seanmI was unable to view the schematic. Does anybody have a copy?

use the "search" function on this forum...its in the thread  "weekend builds sparkle boost schematic" ....

andy
dragonfly fx

need a schematic ?  look a few posts up !  :D
andy

Ben-

k why do no schematics links work for this?

andrew_k

Schematic and veroboard layout - http://www.indyguitarist.com/torchy/Boosters/Dragonfly%20Boost/
I prefer this boost over all others I've tried. I even put it head to head against the $300 Ulbrick Megalodon and I still prefer the SparkleBoost.

Dragonfly

Quote from: Ben- on August 05, 2008, 10:55:25 PM
k why do no schematics links work for this?

OLD thread, thats why. :)

You can look in my layout gallery. I think I have the schematic in there and possibly a layout or two.

Ben-