Anyone know about the NEC upc4570 opamp ?

Started by ChrisGS, September 23, 2006, 10:10:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisGS

I was reading about a new Maxon OD9 Pro+ "screamer-style pedal" and they make a big deal of this NEC upc4570 opamp...and they say it's a higher perfomance 4558-style chip with more headroom and better frequency response . I read on some kind of NEC site that the chip is supposed to be three times quieter than a 4558 .
....So , has anyone tried this chip , or is it a bunch of B.S....Also who sells them ?

Thanks ,
Chris.

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

All it says in my NEC databook, is this:
"Input equivalent noise is three times better than the conventional 4558...gain bandwidth product and slew rate are seven times better...extremely stable under voltage follower circuit conditions"
Only sellers I can see in USA are a couple of wholesalers.
Incidentally, it doesn't automatically follow that "better" specs give a "better" result, when it comes to FX.

edit: just noticed that the NJM4560 from Mouser etc. may be very similar. It is also described as an improved 4558, better noise & freq response.

StephenGiles

Seriously, at 9v it makes not one bit of difference, I promise you. At + & - 15v then it's a different ballgame.
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".