OT: I'M BACK + NEW SITE

Started by Zero the hero, February 09, 2005, 05:16:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero the hero

Hello folks, nice to meet all of you again!

I stayed away from this forum because I had many things I had to care of... I had major health matters, and many other problems that stroke my family, my jobs and my friends, so I decieded to think about them, leaving away electronics for a while.
I had time to think about me and me relatioship with the outside world. I had time to think about everything.

I'm back, and I'm glad to be here again.

I realized a new web site for posting my projects: the link is

http://topopiccione.atspace.com

I hope that this community enjoys my work.

This is my first web site, I wrote it entirely in HTML in a couple of days: it was an orgy of coding, photoshop, freehand, and digital pictures. I think I've slept for 5 hours in three days...
I'm very proud of the pictures I took and put on the right of every page. Currently there are 4 projects in my site, but I planned to update that section on regular basis.
All the projects are update versions of the original posted on GGG.
JD, you can still sell the boards for ALL my projects, I'll put a direct link in every project page.

I hope to have more time for this community, since electronics is one of the reason (but not the most important...) for being alive again.

Marcos - Munky

Looks really beautiful. I liked it a lot.

zeta55

Visit my site: http://www.zeta-sound.se/

EdJ

Looks great!
Welcome back,Greetings,Ed

jimbob

Great site- welcome bacl. I think when i get to my 50+ build and enclosed im going to make a website too. Mine will be more of a picture show- for those who just wanna look- as there are already a lot of info out there.
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

MR COFFEE

Welcome Back! Nice site. :D

Was HTML hard to learn, or is it pretty much like all higher level programming languages?

What tool did you use? I'm gonna have to try that someday...
Bart

Dragonfly

very nice site you have started there !  welcome back !

GreenEye

All that work on the site paid off - looks very pro.

cormac

very nice site -- well done -- and yeah i still write html too ;)

just found a dead link in the links section :) -- http://www.runoffgroove.com -- you forget the .com ;)
take care,
cormac

"The sunshine bores the daylights out of me"
--the stones

Paul Marossy

Welcome back. And the site is very cool, too.  :)

I think I'm going to have to build that Boss Slow Gear now, darn it! I have a few questions on it, though (for everyone):

What opamp would I use? TL071?
What is a US substitute for a BC549? 2N5089?
What is a US substitute for a 2SK30A? J201?

jimbob

Im curious as well bout those as well. Anyone? Zero?
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

Zero the hero

You can use TL071 (or TL081 or TL061) instead of the 741.
2N5088 or 2n3904 is a good substitue for a the BC549. Virtually, any NPN should be good in this circuit. Note that you have to reverse the pinout of the tranny.
For the jfet, I'm not sure about the equivalence between J201 and 2SK30A. I believe that changing this fet is not a good idea: I tried a bf245 and a bc264, both with horrible results.
I must quit! I'll come back tomorrow morning.

zeta55

Quote from: Zero the heroYou can use TL071 (or TL081 or TL061) instead of the 741.
2N5088 or 2n3904 is a good substitue for a the BC549. Virtually, any NPN should be good in this circuit. Note that you have to reverse the pinout of the tranny.
For the jfet, I'm not sure about the equivalence between J201 and 2SK30A. I believe that changing this fet is not a good idea: I tried a bf245 and a bc264, both with horrible results.
I must quit! I'll come back tomorrow morning.

Please do, I'd also like to know about a substitue for the 2SK30A.  I've sucessfully replaced it with a BF245 as a input buffer once. But that's another thing.
Visit my site: http://www.zeta-sound.se/

Peter Snowberg

Welcome back Zero! :D 8)

Your site looks really great! Excellent job! 8) 8) 8)
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

StephenGiles

Very nice site indeed!
Stephen
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

Zero the hero

DAMN! I posted the wrong version of the SG-1!
Schematic is correct, but both PCB and Layout belongs to the older verision!!!!
I'll fix it in a couple of days...
As previously stated, all transistors (except the N-FET) are non-critical, so T1 and T3 are buffers and you can use 2n3904, 2n5088, 2n5089 or other NPN devices with no problems at all (as always all of them have reversed pinouts).
T4, T5 and T6 belong to the envelope detection stage, and they are non-critical too... I had best results with matched hfe transistors for T5 and T6, but it's not very important.
Repalcing the FET is not very easy. You should mess with R6, R7, R8 values. In the week-end I'll do some experiments, I'll post the results as soon as possible.

I noticed that Small Bear has 2SK30A for sale! 1$ each.

PS: thanks anyone for all your posts!

Zero the hero

Quote from: MR COFFEEWelcome Back! Nice site. :D

Was HTML hard to learn, or is it pretty much like all higher level programming languages?

What tool did you use? I'm gonna have to try that someday...

I didn't use any tool for web development. I installed Dreamweaver but that program is a mess for developing small sites: it installed 12000 files on my hard drive, and I believe it's the right tool for developing dinamic sites... not for a small home page...
I used BBEdit for writing plain text. I've found the HTML tags reference for web development at http://www.htmlhelp.com I used nothing else.
HTML is a scripting language, so it's very easy to learn. I took 4 days for learining it while writing the pages and planning the layout.

Paul Marossy

The old PCB layout? Is there anything wrong with it? I didn't see anything that didn't look right, but I didn't go thru it real thoroughly, either...  :wink:

Hal

awesome stuff...

Any slowgear clips?  Or at least critiques?

MartyB

Beautiful site!  Nicely done.
MartyB

8)