FuzzFace customization.

Started by Outlaws, February 18, 2005, 10:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Outlaws

I just breadboarded a FuzzFace with Silicon transistors.

I know these are not the most favored, but are there any fairly simple things I can do to make the circuit more "controlable"?  Tone control?  DIfferent input caps?

I am a noob so its a bit early for me to just know exactly what I can easily add, but it seems like a tone control would be simple.

Here is the circuit I am using:

BramcoteLorne

I'm a N00b at this too but i really like the fuzzface that I built I used AC128's and just used a trimmer onto the Q2 instead of the 8.2k this gave me a wide range of tones going from 'squidgy' to 'bright' sorts of fuzz

You could try an input cap blend - the tone idea wasn't very well recieved when I posted a question the other month.

I'm still playing around with it but basically you have 2 input caps and and use a pot or a switch to change between them (into the middle contact and out either side to the caps)

I used a .33uf and a .047uf and they seems to work well - it's not boxed up yet and I haven't played it on anything other than a practice amp so those values will prolly change, but I hope this gives you some sort of idea to start with,

all the best,

dave.