DR. BOOGEY sound clip

Started by electrictabs, February 19, 2005, 05:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

electrictabs

ok i promised this long time ago.sorry for being too late but i don't have a lot of free time these days.i hope i can rerecord it in the future
this is first take with my strat loaded with seymour duncan jb in bridge through my clean crappy 15watter and crappy mic
no reverb, no effects,nothing at all ,just dr.boogey
gain is at 12 o clock.for the gain pot i used a 470kA and not 1MA as in the schem.It's a cool mod if you don't want enormous gain
http://www.geocities.com/electrictabs/DR.BOOGEY.zip

Phorhas

The lnk doesn't seem to work
Electron Pusher

Bucksears

Geez! I guess I'd better finish up my Dr. Boogey PCB layout, huh?

Without being able to listen to the clip, Electrictabs how does it sound? Fairly authentic?

Thanks for the work man!

- Buck

GreenEye

interestingly heavy....

electrictabs

Quote from: PhorhasThe lnk doesn't seem to work

works ok for me...maybe at the time you tried the server was overloaded...
try again

gak

right click -> save target as... seems to work

sounds great!  :D
i think i'm not going to build any distortion box for a while but i think this is on top of the list if i build one

JimRayden

That sounds extremely boogie. I have a Boogie triple rectifier sim in my Roland, and it sounds kinda the same. Sounds like a 15W boogie to me. :)

Cool playing too. Can you record some more for us to enjoy? :D I love your harmonic filled licks. Like the harmonic solo in ZZTop's "La Grange" but more messy. I like that.

Sometimes I get naughty at band rehearsals too and start doing nothin but harmonics.  8) They're fun.  

----------
Jimbo

electrictabs

Quote from: JimRayden
Sometimes I get naughty at band rehearsals too and start doing nothin but harmonics.  8) They're fun.  
Jimbo

Same out here :twisted:

audioguy

Any chance of getting a layout?

Audioguy

scottosan

Quote from: electrictabsok i promised this long time ago.sorry for being too late but i don't have a lot of free time these days.i hope i can rerecord it in the future
this is first take with my strat loaded with seymour duncan jb in bridge through my clean crappy 15watter and crappy mic
no reverb, no effects,nothing at all ,just dr.boogey
gain is at 12 o clock.for the gain pot i used a 470kA and not 1MA as in the schem.It's a cool mod if you don't want enormous gain
http://www.geocities.com/electrictabs/DR.BOOGEY.zip
Sounds cool, do you know where I can find the schematics or pcb layout?

RDV

Quote from: scottosanSounds cool, do you know where I can find the schematics or pcb layout?
http://diystompboxes.com/sboxforum/viewtopic.php?t=28854

RDV

audioguy

The link to the layout is dead- has anyone got an updated link?

Thanks!

electrictabs

the layout you're talking about was not made for DR.BOOGEY although it can be modified to do so.
Bucksears is working on one so patience my dear

Bucksears

Yeah, I'm working on it. I had to reinstall Adobe Illustrator last night, but was able to make some serious headway on it. I'm about 50% of the way through it, but just did that last night. I'm going to keep on it (not doing anything else) until it's done.
If you've seen the JCM800 layout, it's going to be ABOUT the same size.

toneless

Keep up the good work electrictabs! :)

Grocha

There is a sample in max gain? I'm very curious about this stuff.

Thanx
Gabriel