DC jack with external nut

Started by dosmun, February 24, 2005, 11:07:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dosmun

Just wondering if anyone found any of the plastic DC jacks with the nut on the outside of the box.  I remember someone posting a pic of one about a year ago.  Did anyone find a source for these?

NaBo

I just got 30 of em from Weber, https://weberspeakerscom.secure.powweb.com/store/miscord.htm... They're the panel mount ones... they were a buck each.  I think mouser sells the same kind and if you're getting a bunch and ordering from them anyway, it might be better to order from them... I think one of the price breaks was a little under a buck.  I just had a couple other things I wanted from Weber.

There was a thread about this a couple months ago I think with the part number that you might be able to find

RDV

Paul Marossy

I get those plastic jacks with the nut on the outside at my local electronics supply shop, Kiesub Electronics.

NaBo

Quote from: RDVMouser does not have them.

RDV

Woops!  Quite right, RDV... It was //www.jameco.com that has em, 10 @ 93 cents each, 100 @ 70 cents each... part # 151589CX

Fret Wire

You have to be careful with them. The nut will do a number on your paint job. When RDV posted pics of his box with them, you could see the scratches they left. I'm sitting on 1000 of those that I haven't put up for sale yet, because I'd rather not sell them until I can find suitable washers to include with them. So, if you value your paintjob, get a washer before you use them. They are a nice jack however. It's great to be able to solder them up before they're in the enclosure. Plus, no de-soldering to remove the ckt from the box at a later date.
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

Paul Marossy

QuotePlus, no de-soldering to remove the ckt from the box at a later date.

I used to actually cut a slot into my enclosures that was wide enough to allow the wires to pass thru so that I could remove the circuit without desoldering anything. That was before I switched to those plastic jacks. That is also a good point about the paint damage control.  8)