Making my Mockman louder . . .

Started by msb69, February 23, 2005, 01:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msb69

I finished my Mockman recently and it seems to work.  The only changes I did the plans were (1) add the two optional silicon diodes, and (2) increased the value of the caps in the feedback loops of the IC (to cut down excessive high end).

The only problem is that the volume of the pedal is too low.  Even with the level control cranked, the sound seems a little quieter than the bypass sound.  How can I fix this?

Also, I was expecting the diodes to increase the gain, but the pedal really is very low gain.  Could this be caused by the higher value caps I used in the feedback look?

Thanks!

toneman

how bout..adding a pre.,er, i mean, a *post*amp after the MockMan??
any JFET (pre)amp circuit should work.
Or ....just add an opamp follower with adjustable gain.
label it "crank".

T
  • SUPPORTER
TONE to the BONE says:  If youTHINK you got a GOOD deal:  you DID!

petemoore

Quote from: msb69I finished my Mockman recently and it seems to work.  The only changes I did the plans were (1) add the two optional silicon diodes, and (2) increased the value of the caps in the feedback loops of the IC (to cut down excessive high end).

The only problem is that the volume of the pedal is too low.  Even with the level control cranked, the sound seems a little quieter than the bypass sound.  How can I fix this?

Also, I was expecting the diodes to increase the gain, but the pedal really is very low gain.  Could this be caused by the higher value caps I used in the feedback look?

Thanks!
I'd go through the 'what do I do when it doesn't work' [sticky]...the mockman should have good boost.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

WGTP

I agree, there should be be plenty of boost.  

Changing the SI diodes to LED's will increase the output and signal to noise ratio.   8)
Stomping Out Sparks & Flames

bwanasonic

Don't know how much of a volume difference it will make, but the original schem calls for red LEDS vs Si diodes. My guess is something else is the issue though. You could just lift the diodes to see if they are the problem.

Kerry M

bwanasonic

Hey! Kind of a transatlantic double-post!
:lol:  8)

Kerry M