Silicon Fuzz Face stripboard layout

Started by Dragonfly, February 27, 2005, 10:00:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonfly

Heres a simple silicon Fuzz Face stripboard layout for you. It'll build the "stock" silicon Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face. I included all offboard connections on the drawing.

Enjoy,
Andy
Dragonfly FX

petemoore

Nice Image !!!
 User Friendly...I'd use that, has the wiring I choose for FF...
 I don't need an indicator to tell if my FuzzFace's on or not.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

MartyMart

Nice Andy !
A bit "neater" than my strip-board fuzz layout I just did !!
Great sounding little circuits though  :D

Marty. 8)
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Dragonfly

the layout could definitely be made more compact by standing the resistors up, but it seems easier for beginners to have them lying down.

im trying to find time to post/do a number of these layouts...do ones that Torchy hasnt done yet, as he does such a great job on them, theres no need to "redo" them....maybe do a bunch of Tim Escobedo's circuits...

:)

pbrommer

Question: Will this layout work for Ge Fuzz Faces? I notice that the layout uses the same values as a Ge fuzz.. Just curious.
  • SUPPORTER

Alpha579

yeh, andy, stripboard layouts of some tim's pedals would be greatly apprieciated!
Alex Fiddes

petemoore

Quote from: pbrommerQuestion: Will this layout work for Ge Fuzz Faces? I notice that the layout uses the same values as a Ge fuzz.. Just curious.
Yes...invert polarized cap[s and wire for Pos Gnd PNP Fuzz Face.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Dragonfly

Quote from: petemoore
Quote from: pbrommerQuestion: Will this layout work for Ge Fuzz Faces? I notice that the layout uses the same values as a Ge fuzz.. Just curious.
Yes...invert polarized cap[s and wire for Pos Gnd PNP Fuzz Face.

yep...pete is correct....

i used the 470R instead of the 330R in this layout, simply because it gives a bit more output volume....

andy
dragonfly fx

half_smith

Locrian99

This isn't the one he listed but this has it with a bmp tone stack added I just recently made it.

https://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2014/04/npn-fuzz-face-with-bmp-tone-stack.html?m=1

This one has some odd values but is pretty close to stock part wise you can bias it to what sounds good imo the 3v doesn't and you can get the stock values from a fuzz face schematic.  Like the input cap would be 2.2.   You can just not add the millers cap in front of q2.   

https://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2012/04/dunlop-eric-johnson-signature-fuzz-face.html?m=1

Locrian99