"Axis Face" build report ( veroboard again )

Started by MartyMart, March 04, 2005, 09:27:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyMart

Just knocked up Phillips "Axis Face" Fuzz, from schem to veroboard and it worked straight off !!
It's a bit of a "scruffy" layout, which basicly follows the "flow" of the schematic, however I'm "chuffed" that it worked ... I must be learning something eh ?
Its not drawn out so can't post it .... yet !

Used a pair of AC127's ( Q1 hfe 96 Q2 hfe 113 ) and the only "mod" was a much bigger output cap 220n rather than 10n, perhaps 100n would be correct.
Sounds FAB !  nice and "fat" and "warm" like a good bowl of stew !!!
If you want the "pre gain" to work correctly, ie: clockwise turn of the pot
turns it up, then wire to lugs 3 and 2 not 1 and 2.

Nice one Phillip, I also found all ,the "Fuzz" info very useful, tranny matching etc etc  thanks !!

Marty.

EDIT: Sorry, I don't want this post to sound "Smug" I'm just so pleased that I can now "Layout" a schem and have it work !! :roll:
You guy's know what I mean ........ :oops:
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

lightningfingers

Nice one 8) Any Pics?

Quote from: MartyMartEDIT: Sorry, I don't want this post to sound "Smug" I'm just so pleased that I can now "Layout" a schem and have it work !!
You guy's know what I mean ........

You have every right to sound smug, you built somehting that works :)  I love that feeling :mrgreen:
U N D E F I N E D

MartyMart

Quote from: lightningfingersNice one 8) Any Pics?

Quote from: MartyMartEDIT: Sorry, I don't want this post to sound "Smug" I'm just so pleased that I can now "Layout" a schem and have it work !!
You guy's know what I mean ........

You have every right to sound smug, you built somehting that works :)  I love that feeling :mrgreen:

Thanks mate, i appreciate that  :D
Just charging the camera, then I'll post a few, I've now got 4 "Fuzz" box's to put in enclosures .... thats the hard part !!
So the "pics" will be just "Gut Shots" for now ;-)

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Samuel

however you might want to rethink your use of the term "knocked up"  :wink:  :!: