Z.Vex Nano Head in Popular Science

Started by Alex C, March 12, 2005, 06:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex C

Congratulations Zachary!  Great writeup on the Nano Head in the April issue of Popular Science.   There's a diagram and analysis of the "building blocks" of the amp, and even a mention of the iMP, which he has discussed a bit on this forum.  I was thrilled to see this article.   Congratulations!

troubledtom

Z , THAT IS RAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              YOU ARE THE MAN
                    PEACE,
                        -tom :twisted:

Paul Marossy

sir_modulus

imp? GOOD JOB ZACHARY!! (score one for the good guys)

Cheers,

Nish

MartyMart

Well done "Z"  that's fantastic !!  :D

Marty. 8)
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Jason Stout

Good for you Zack, I think I'll be getting get a Pop. Science today!
Jason Stout

zachary vex

it's the April issue.  i just got a copy two nights ago while out seeing a movie... happened to pass by a newsstand and peeked to see if it was out.  i did the interview a couple of months ago and was afraid it might not be published, but voila!  there it is!  and they even put in a mention of the iMP amp which i'm feverishly working on.  *wipes brow*  

i like the title... "YOU BUILT WHAT?"

thanks for all of the props, guys.  it's appreciated!

sir_modulus

zachary vex

small?  impish?  8^)

it's an iPod accessory.  the iMP.   8^P

SeanCostello

Wow, Zack, I didn't know you looked so much like Bob Moog.

;)

Sean Costello

P.S. Where is the "vomiting one-eyed Cyclops" Emoticon?

P.P.S. I have been documenting DSP algorithms all week, in between demoing at the Embedded Systems Conference, so the above passes as humor in my addled state. If you have never been to the Embedded Systems Conference, the basic idea is that the small microprocessors and DSP chips that can be found in cellphones, automobiles and washing machines have occupied the skulls of thousands of engineers in their mid-50's, who then descend upon downtown San Francisco. Think "Dawn of the Dead," but with all the zombies replaced with Dilbert.

P.P.P.S. Dilbert is not funny because it is true. It is just true. That doesn't make it funny.

puretube

Quote from: zachary vex
... "YOU BUILT WHAT?"

8)

nxt time: 5-ch. OTL ?

:?:

zachary vex

5.1 with mini tubes in that form factor?  hmm.  output transformerless?  hmm.  i'll think about it.  do you mind if the output impedance is 15k or so?  8^P

puretube

hehehe, actually I was kidding/teasing... :P

but, err, just got an intuition :idea: ...

(no, not five crystal headphones for the whole family :) )

zachary vex

j0shua

Jason Stout

Damn! The bookstore I went to today didn't have the April edition. Ah, maybe next week.

Zachary, you're livin' one of my dreams.  :D
Jason Stout

zachary vex

hey, i'll try to do a good job of it.  8^)  it's fun when stuff like this happens...   surprisingly, i haven't seen much of a bump in hits since the issue was released.  i guess people read the article and don't do much else.

Peter Snowberg

Eschew paradigm obfuscation

zachary vex

ErikMiller

Propzillas, Zachary.

Your work is certainly inspiring.