Z.Vex Nano Head in Popular Science

Started by Alex C, March 12, 2005, 06:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onboard

Particle physics for the home enthusiast, vacationing in orbit, and the Z.Vex Nano Head!!! :wink:
-Ryan
"Bound to cover just a little more ground..."

Johan

Quote from: zachary vex5.1 with mini tubes in that form factor?  hmm.  output transformerless?  hmm.  i'll think about it.  do you mind if the output impedance is 15k or so?  8^P

..why not have a tube doing all the voltage gain, direct driving a blanced push/pull pair of transistors?...just like the tubestages in a lot of TL-Audio gear...tubestage with low output-Z...

Johan
DON'T PANIC

petemoore

:D
  Looks like something H.A.L. would use !!! [A 'la Kubrick].
 Enough to make me think of buying another subscription [we used to get all the mags with 'Popular' in the title]...nahh...a NANO Head !!!
 If you read something into this, it's probably because I'm 'subconciously' just a little envious !!!
 Honestly, it brings a cheery feeling to read this thread !!
 Absul-Congratulations...Starque Realizations !!!
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

zachary vex

Quote from: Johan
Quote from: zachary vex5.1 with mini tubes in that form factor?  hmm.  output transformerless?  hmm.  i'll think about it.  do you mind if the output impedance is 15k or so?  8^P

..why not have a tube doing all the voltage gain, direct driving a blanced push/pull pair of transistors?...just like the tubestages in a lot of TL-Audio gear...tubestage with low output-Z...

Johan

it's the relationship that the output triodes have with the speaker which creates the magic.  isolating them with a solid-state output would make them sterile like the other types of gear that do this.

inverseroom

Zachary, that picture of Moog is a trip.  I was just reading the Analog Man book last night, the part where you're talking about Moog giggling at the Nano Head and saying Shit! Look at the tiny tubes!  Very cool that he posed with the iMP.  I met him at a synth clinic a couple years ago.  He seemed slightly uncomfortable with my gushing expressions of admiration.  :oops:

Who is the girl beside him?  She looks a little nervous herself.

zachary vex

that's my assistant/apprentice, Ashley.  she's a big Moog fan.  she wanted a picture of herself with Moog, i wanted a pic with him holding the iMP, and this is what we ended up with.   8^)

inverseroom

Quote from: zachary vexthat's my assistant/apprentice, Ashley.  she's a big Moog fan.  she wanted a picture of herself with Moog, i wanted a pic with him holding the iMP, and this is what we ended up with.   8^)

:lol:  Amazing, a pretty woman who builds guitar effects... That's settled, I'm going to teach my wife to solder.

Anyway, congrats, I'll be pickup up the magazine later today!

Johan

...and just in case you didnt know..
great review here too...
http://www.musikermagasinet.com/
the article is not online yet since this is the lates issue and they want you to go out and buy it, but they do like the little amp  :D

Johan
DON'T PANIC

zachary vex

Quote from: inverseroom
Quote from: zachary vexthat's my assistant/apprentice, Ashley.  she's a big Moog fan.  she wanted a picture of herself with Moog, i wanted a pic with him holding the iMP, and this is what we ended up with.   8^)

:lol:  Amazing, a pretty woman who builds guitar effects... That's settled, I'm going to teach my wife to solder.

Anyway, congrats, I'll be pickup up the magazine later today!

Ashley builds up most of my prototypes for me now.  she's great with an experimenter's socket too... i just draw up a schematic and put it on her bench, and voila, a circuit is sitting on mine.

here's fran of frantone:

Jehle

I got that issue too and was stunned when I saw that write up.  I thought, Hey I know this guy from the forum!  Needless to say I'm really excited for you.  I still love the look of the iMP and have wondered about making something similar for my iPod or for my iBook.

Weren't you looking into getting them made by a company in Japan, or did I make that up?  :?

zachary vex

Quote from: JehleI got that issue too and was stunned when I saw that write up.  I thought, Hey I know this guy from the forum!  Needless to say I'm really excited for you.  I still love the look of the iMP and have wondered about making something similar for my iPod or for my iBook.

Weren't you looking into getting them made by a company in Japan, or did I make that up?  :?

no, right here in Minneapolis.

puretube

I dig/dug brainstorming with Fran  8)  8)  8) :
she`s about the only one
of a kind
that understands me...
(FX-wise, circuit-wise & tube-wise)

boogielicious

I got my copy at Logan Airport!  My only disapointment was the article was too short.  The iMP sound cool.

I just got my own Nano and I am very impressed.  I haven't played it through all my different cabs, but I will have fun experimenting.

Thanks for your work.

scott

ESPm2M

how much does the nano head cost?

zachary vex

one milliion, billion dollars!  seriously, there's a dealer list on my website.  i don't sell direct and i don't want to be spamming in Aron's forum.