How do I get that tone????

Started by rutledj, June 22, 2005, 05:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rutledj

The tone I'm speaking of is here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00012FX54/qid=1119474595/sr=8-3/ref=pd_csp_3/102-9956748-5563314?v=glance&s=music&n=507846

Scroll down and listen to the Sapphire Blue clip.  Supposedly, he uses his 335 and a dumble amp. Are there any pedals that will produce that ultra smooth tone? I looked/listened to the Umble circuit but it doesn't sound like this.

Thanks,
Rut

PCS

Easy.

1. Buy a Gibson ES-335 and a Dumble amplifier.
2. Practice.

:twisted:

Mark F

One of the amazing things about Larry Carlton,besides his playing, is that he was shot in the neck by a mugger about 20 years ago. This resulted in him being paralyzed on his left side! He had to RELEARN how to move his arm then RELEARN HOW TO PLAY GUITAR!! :shock:   He sounds this good the second time he learned to play. He was a smokin' player the first time around! 8)

aron

Another LC fan!!!!

Anyway, it's a good tone but not impossible. 335, neck pickup, here's the key (much lower drive setting than you normally use) and a modified (to your guitar) Shaka HV. Put the drive on a low setting and boost into your amp. I think he might be using a smaller amp for his recording rather than the Dumble (don't know).

This tone you can get. I don't know about his old 335 tone. That one seems impossible. :?

rutledj