"Jordan Bosstone" mods here . . . . .

Started by MartyMart, March 16, 2005, 10:25:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyMart

Just built one with help/suggestions from Dragonfly and i love it !
So, if you try this I promise you will LOVE it......

Change output cap from 0.02uf to 0.1uf
Use two 1N34A germanium diodes instead of the 1N4001's
Instant "creamy" slightly "compressed" break up -- LOVELY !!! :D

Enjoy,
Marty. 8)
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

jmusser

We,ve been talking about this on another post. I have a fist full of 1N34As I got from Aron, so I'll give that a whirl. I may end up with pots and switches all over this thing by the time I get done modding it! I really like the way it sounds now with the Si diodes and .1uf caps on the input and output, so that will be my standard set up. I want a thin tone selection, and I also want to try .2s .47s in there to see if I get anymore growl. Aron's basic circuit for me is great just the way it is. It has been the first circuit in a long time, that I liked the basic tone of the first time I fired it up. The thin tone is just a tone selection that I want that is different, but it will be a second tone, and not something I'm wanting to change this circuit to permanently. Thanks for the LofoMofo mod to the one Knob BTW.
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".