diy buffer - long

Started by whitewave, March 17, 2005, 04:14:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amz-fx

Sorry, I don't have any Super Buffer pc boards.  There was a veru layout posted here in the past week, I believe.

regards, Jack

hilbi

It even was posted in this thread  :wink:

The vero layout is tested and works ok!

Yesterday i put a mitsubishi 5532 in the super buffer and that puppy didn't work, strange it should work. When i put the RC4558N back in it worked fine again.

Maybe just a dead opamp?
hilbi

Built so far: PNP FuzzFace, MXR Dynacomp, EA Tremolo, AMZ Mosfet Boost, AMZ Super Buffer, Blue Magic, Peppermill, RM Axis Face, Sparkle Boost, BSIABII, ROG Ruby, AMZ Mini Booster, MXR Phase 45 Univibe, Tremulus Lune, Dallas Rangemaster, Ross Comp

Peter Snowberg

Hilbi, it looks like +9 is going to pin 4 and GND is going to pin 8. :shock:
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

ESPguitar

Quote from: Albert KreuzerAnybody remember the Stonehenge scene in "Spinal Tap"?  :D
(the stage decoration should have been 18' tall...)

Cheers,
Albert

I can't forget that scene :D

haahaa..  :wink:

triskadecaepyon

Quote from: Albert KreuzerAnybody remember the Stonehenge scene in "Spinal Tap"?  :D
(the stage decoration should have been 18' tall...)

Cheers,
Albert

hahahahah.  the midgets circling around it really finish the show well.

hilbi

QuoteHilbi, it looks like +9 is going to pin 4 and GND is going to pin 8.

Yes this is a mistake, i couldn't correct it in the program i used, i wil have a look if i can change this.

Just orientate the opamp with the cut out (Dot) to the right side of the layout.

so pin 5 is pin 1 etc etc.

sorry for the confusion.

By tonight i will have a corrected layout up.
hilbi

Built so far: PNP FuzzFace, MXR Dynacomp, EA Tremolo, AMZ Mosfet Boost, AMZ Super Buffer, Blue Magic, Peppermill, RM Axis Face, Sparkle Boost, BSIABII, ROG Ruby, AMZ Mini Booster, MXR Phase 45 Univibe, Tremulus Lune, Dallas Rangemaster, Ross Comp

hilbi

the layout is corrected now.

Thanks peter.
hilbi

Peter Snowberg

Eschew paradigm obfuscation

Ben N

Jack, a question for you if you are still montoring this thread:  Looking at the Super Buffer, I was wondering if it might make sense for some aplications to configure it as one opamp stage in series with three in parallel, rather than four in parallel.  That way, the input impedance would be as high as can be, while the output would still be plenty low, no?

Also, Pete, or anyone else:  how about a layout for a quad?

Ben
  • SUPPORTER

amz-fx

Quote from: Ben NJack, a question for you if you are still montoring this thread:  Looking at the Super Buffer, I was wondering if it might make sense for some aplications to configure it as one opamp stage in series with three in parallel, rather than four in parallel.  That way, the input impedance would be as high as can be, while the output would still be plenty low, no?
If you use  TL072, OPA2604 or other jfet opamps, the input impedance will be over 1M as shown -- the opamp inputs are very high impedance and will not have much effect so the 2.2M resistors in parallel will determine the impedance.  

It will be a little lower with bipolar opamps as they have lower input impedance and the parallel values may be more on the order of 250k. All of this plays a part in experimenting to get a sound that you like.  

Use jfet opamps if you want a more clear sparkling sound and bipolar if you want to make very slight alterations in the basic tone...  or mix and match.

regards, Jack

vhollund

THIS POST IS 16 YEARS OLD.

I have a Skrydstrup A/B dual buffer he build and sold to me for 500$ back then.
If there's any interest I can take a picture ofbthe inside

iainpunk

Quote from: vhollund on March 22, 2021, 09:34:42 AM

$500 for a fuccing buffer? that's like 16k$ in today's economy.
and the RETURN impedance is only 50kOhm, why not 1M like the other input.
it sells for 480-ish euro in Europe, i can't imagine they can sleep at night, ripping people off that way.

cheers
friendly reminder: all holes are positive and have negative weight, despite not being there.

cheers

Fancy Lime

Yes please!
My dry, sweaty foot had become the source of one of the most disturbing cases of chemical-based crime within my home country.

A cider a day keeps the lobster away, bucko!

fryingpan

What's the big deal with buffers anyway? You need about 5 or 6 parts for the most perfect buffer you'll ever need. An opamp, a pull-down resistor, maybe an input resistor (but with no gain, is it really necessary?), an input and output cap, something for the power supply. If you implement a dual supply with some chip, you may even leave out the caps. Maybe some high-frequency filtering?

KarenColumbo

Oh yes!
  • SUPPORTER
I see something of myself in everyone / Just at this moment of the world / As snow gathers like bolts of lace / Waltzing on a ballroom girl" - Joni Mitchell - "Hejira"