Nice Job Aron / Failure leads to success

Started by WGTP, March 21, 2005, 02:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WGTP

Well now I feel stupid.  I tried building one and couldn't get much out of it.  Now that I have some pic.'s maybe I can get the transisitors properly oriented.

A good thing came of it though.  I had put it on a bread board with 2 stages of a Vulcan and when I failed, I removed the op amp and stuck 2 SI diodes on the end of the 2 Vulcan stages, which should have a similiar effect to driving the diodes with the op amp.  Sounds pretty nice.   8)

I removed the resistor and cap in parallel between stages and tweaked the by-pass caps.   :)
Stomping Out Sparks & Flames

aron

Cool. I wonder why the circuit wasn't working?

WGTP

Upon further analysis, I had built it sort of like the TS non DC version Joe posted as a stand alone circuit.  I realize now that it wasn't properly biased. :oops:  :roll:

I'm going to try it again and use a MPSA13 Darlington for Q3 assuming I get it working properly.  Also some BS250's and J202's.

I think Joe's idea about switching the diodes in and out of the feedback loop and to ground is the way all op amp distortions should go.  Also I will have to try R.G.'s suggestion for the FBL.   8)

Again, nice job and thanks for the GREAT Forum.   :)

WGTP

Aron, have you tried this with a BlackCat or Hot Cakes type ciruit?   8)

aron

No I haven't. I haven't had those boxed up in years now.