legal help wanted! Got a cease and desist call from Dunlop!

Started by Speeddemon, March 21, 2005, 02:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d95err

Imagine if someone made a soft drink called "Copy Cola", and put it in a red can with exactly the same logo style as Coca Cola. I'm quite sure they'd get a call from Coca Cola Company pretty soon...

Speeddemon

yeah this is what I'm doing.
EDIT: as a reply to a now deleted part of the previous post.

I'm STOPPING with the MXR look!

I'm awaiting Jasmin's reply about my suggested look of the pedal. If I get a green light from her, all systems go. But since I'm out of enclosures right now, no rush.

I sincerely hope that you guys think not of me as an attentionseeker or to boost sales. (Dirk_Hendrik can vouch for my honesty, I know him well personally) I lurked here for a year or so and have been a member for 3,5 years on HC.

to recap:
-no more MXR look-alike logo or fonts
-awaiting response of suggested ideas/look
Meanwhile @ TGP:
"I was especially put off by the religious banterings written inside the LDO pedal. I guess he felt it was necessary to thank God that someone payed $389 for his tubescreamer!"

zachary vex

Quote from: Speeddemonyeah this is what I'm doing.
EDIT: as a reply to a now deleted part of the previous post.

I'm STOPPING with the MXR look!

I'm awaiting Jasmin's reply about my suggested look of the pedal. If I get a green light from her, all systems go. But since I'm out of enclosures right now, no rush.

I sincerely hope that you guys think not of me as an attentionseeker or to boost sales. (Dirk_Hendrik can vouch for my honesty, I know him well personally) I lurked here for a year or so and have been a member for 3,5 years on HC.

to recap:
-no more MXR look-alike logo or fonts
-awaiting response of suggested ideas/look

heh.  try making something new!

brad

In the meantime I guess people will just have to buy their MicroAmps from MXR.

Speeddemon

you mean like an existing fuzz, only replace some resistors with pots?  :roll:

cheerz to you too, matey!
Meanwhile @ TGP:
"I was especially put off by the religious banterings written inside the LDO pedal. I guess he felt it was necessary to thank God that someone payed $389 for his tubescreamer!"

Oliver

Hello Zachary,

sorry, i didnt want to put words in Your mouth, but the sence of Your Words speak its own language  :wink:  ...

If there is said, there are many builders, who sell Kits and clones of
popular Pedals (for example the classic Overdrive like TS808) its
nothing special, isnt it?
Its not the only right of many "Boutique" Builders here to sell PCBs, Clones of those pedals.

And i cant find any "sacred cow" Boutique Builder, can You see one who is sacred??? i dont!  :lol:  :lol:

Its funny to see some people squall when they get paranoid in due to loose business volume by people who clone popular Pedals. And the funny part is, if they make their business in cloning too. Who is the Thief?

If i build a TS Clone and sell it to make profit with it and You call me a Thief (only for example - you didnt call me a thief - noone did).
You have to call everyone a thief who makes profit with Pedals that he didnt invented for himself (completely!!!).

bye
Oliver
Only dead Fishes go with the flow... >-))))-°>

Speeddemon

+1 on Oliver's post!

You can all argue what you want, but everything has been done so far.

Wanna build an overdrive? couple of ways to go; FET, opamp, Transistors... add a clipping circuit, and you got a nice pedal. Only, parts of your so called original design were already invented.

And unlike a certain well-known builder, I don't rip off a Jack Orman design, slap my name on it and charge an insane amount of money for it.
(The Myclone Amp was about as cheap/expensive as the Micro Amp)

Look people, this is right now a mere hobby for me. I'm exploring electronics and adding to my soldering skills. I'm no IE. I ain't got no Electronics degree. I make a few pedals, that's it. It's not my job.
Meanwhile @ TGP:

zachary vex

Quote from: Speeddemonyou mean like an existing fuzz, only replace some resistors with pots?  :roll:

hey, dude, you are the one who got caught making an exact clone and profiting from copying the original artwork (albeit in a humorous way?)  

do you think it will help your cause to attack me?  you thoughtless pariah.  

definition:  ignoranus: one who is both an idiot and an asshole.

Speeddemon

what happened to you man?
We always agreed on the whole anti-Bush thing, but since a couple of weeks you've been acting weird and wise-assy.

My point was more: He without sins, cast the first stone.

I admit my fault, and got slapped on the fingers for it. But constantly claiming you're OH so original, eventhough you edited some existing stuff, that's NOT what I ever did.
And please refrain from namecalling, bucko.  :wink:
Meanwhile @ TGP:

zachary vex

Quote from: Speeddemonwhat happened to you man?
We always agreed on the whole anti-Bush thing, but since a couple of weeks you've been acting weird and wise-assy.

My point was more: He without sins, cast the first stone.

I admit my fault, and got slapped on the fingers for it. But constantly claiming you're OH so original, eventhough you edited some existing stuff, that's NOT what I ever did.
And please refrain from namecalling, bucko.  :wink:

do you enjoy your ride to the bottom at my expense?  you did NOTHING NEW.  accept it.  your copy of the MXR pedal is completely unoriginal.  i have no apologies to make... i have affected modern music.  you have irritated everyone.  what does that make you?

Dirk_Hendrik

Zvex,

I'm kind of disappointed that you do take the time for a 1 to 1 argument no-one is waiting for but not give a response to some questions asked about your "europe cloning" statement?
More stuff, less fear, less  hassle and less censoring? How 'bout it??. To discuss what YOU want to discuss instead of what others decide for you. It's possible...

But not at diystompboxes.com...... regrettably

Speeddemon

once again Zach,
I ADMITTED my mistake regarding the Myclone Amp.
Get of your @#$%in' high horse already!  :evil:

and about not making a difference? I'll leave that to the satisfied MiG*Boost owners.  :roll:
Meanwhile @ TGP:

octafish

I think I'll have to build me one of the microamps. In the meantime I think some people posting in this thread should back away and cool it, just step away gentlemen.
Shoot straight you bastards. Don't make a mess of it. -Last words of Breaker Morant

Oliver

Quote from: Dirk_HendrikZvex,

I'm kind of disappointed that you do take the time for a 1 to 1 argument no-one is waiting for but not give a response to some questions asked about your "europe cloning" statement?

Sorry for that - He responded..... i was putting words in his mouth..

i think im not the only one who read the real sence in the words from Zachary, right?

oliver

zachary vex

Quote from: Speeddemononce again Zach,
I ADMITTED my mistake regarding the Myclone Amp.
Get of your @#$%in' high horse already!  :evil:

and about not making a difference? I'll leave that to the satisfied MiG*Boost owners.  :roll:

i wouldn't bother giving you so much shit if i didn't believe that you could make something that matters to musicians who matter.  

and that goes for all of you.  get @#$%ing busy.  i'm sick of this cloning shit.  i was in this forum years ago screaming that people could make pedals for a living.  god knows, i never expected to see people copying existing, in-production pedals for a profit.  it makes my stomach turn.

there are a bazillion pedals that have never been thought of!  GET BUSY!  the point of pedal life is to make a mark and be remembered.  you get one shot... don't blow it.  in a single lifetime a normal well-adjusted human should be able to make AS MANY NEW PEDALS AS MIKE MATTHEWS DID (with a little help.  heh.)  what is that, anyway?  160+ models?  and counting?

Oliver

i build a TubescreamerLike Circuit some time ago and added a Gainboost by using a Pot, that i switched in series with the Gainpot.

Oh - it looked like a Fulldrive2 so far (im so sorry!!!) As i was unsatisfied with it, i changed it from Gainboost to Levelboost (my own intended Circuit???) i dont think so - you can still call me a thief, but which circuit did i steal?????
Tubescreamer or Fulldrive2 - but i changed it to another kind of Boost..
So, if anyone clones that type - i could call him a thief till now, because he makes money with my idea???

I dont think.

Hey and as an addition .... im not angry about the discussion - its very interesting to see how some guys can show their real faces.

Oliver

zachary vex

Quote from: Oliver....

i build a TubescreamerLike Circuit some time ago and added a Gainboost by using a Pot, that i switched in series with the Gainpot.

Oh - it looked like a Fulldrive2 so far (im so sorry!!!) As i was unsatisfied with it, i changed it from Gainboost to Levelboost (my own intended Circuit???) i dont think so - you can still call me a thief, but which circuit did i steal?????
Tubescreamer or Fulldrive2 - but i changed it to another kind of Boost..
So, if anyone clones that type - i could call him a thief till now, because he makes money with my idea???

I dont think.

Hey and as an addition .... im not angry about the discussion - its very interesting to see how some guys can show their real faces.

Oliver

are you the moderator at Musikding?

Oliver

Quote from: zachary vex
Quote from: Speeddemonyou mean like an existing fuzz, only replace some resistors with pots?  :roll:

hey, dude, you are the one who got caught making an exact clone and profiting from copying the original artwork (albeit in a humorous way?)  

do you think it will help your cause to attack me?  you thoughtless pariah.  

definition:  ignoranus: one who is both an idiot and an asshole.

hey - whats up Zachary... thats not a real attack - he asked You something about a Fuzz ..... perhaps a Factory? I only ask ...  :?
Or is he right with his fuzz and some replaced resistors with pots?
If this is the true - its no invention  :wink:  (but who is the thief here?)

difficult situation now i think

Oliver

(Still from BAD Europe - right out of BAD Germany)

zachary vex

Quote from: Oliver
Quote from: Speeddemonyou mean like an existing fuzz, only replace some resistors with pots?  ...

hey - whats up Zachary... thats not a real attack - he asked You something about a Fuzz ..... perhaps a Factory? I only ask ...  :?
Or is he right with his fuzz and some replaced resistors with pots?
If this is the true - its no invention  :wink:  (but who is the thief here?)

difficult situation now i think

Oliver

(Still from BAD Europe - right out of BAD Germany)

you pretend that i did nothing new, and support the thieves who steal from me?  eat my dust.

look at yourself... all smug with your forum of robin hoods.  not a single new idea in your heads.  nebbishes.  

when you sleep with dogs, expect to wake with fleas, mr. musikding-a-ling.  8^)

Oliver

Quote from: zachary vex

are you the moderator at Musikding?

Hi Zachary,

YES - SIR !!

cu
Oliver