OT: headphone jack for Ruby amp?

Started by vfr800fiman, March 28, 2005, 12:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vfr800fiman

Quote from: barret77what is a good value for the headphone resistor?
Haven't gotten to that yet.
I'll post whenI'm done with the build.
Glenn
What is the difference between mechanical engineers and civil
Engineers? Mechanical engineers build weapons and civil engineers
Build targets.

vfr800fiman

Quote from: barret77Hi, I don't want to hijaack the thread, but a simple question:
Is there a recommended 3 knob (low, mid, high) passive tone stack circuit I could add to the Ruby? any from Duncam Amps simulator?

thanks!

I'd like to know the answer to that also.
Glenn
What is the difference between mechanical engineers and civil
Engineers? Mechanical engineers build weapons and civil engineers
Build targets.

ninoman123

Id try the Marshall tone stack. Check out ww.diyguitarist.com and go to the Smash Drive. It has killer version and normal version. Killer version is a bass/mid/treble tone stack

Elektrojänis

Quote from: barret77what is a good value for the headphone resistor?

Try 100 ohms. If it's too loud make it bigger. If it is too quiet, make it smaller.

100 ohms is probaly too small if you want any distortion from lm386 chip, but you could drive it with a separate distortion pedal.

barret77

thanks... actually, I want NO distortion at all from Ruby... that's the purpose why I'll build it. I plan to  add a bypassable tone stack to act as an equalizer only...

if anyone has suggestions to reduce possible distortions, let me know

thanks!

Ardric

QuoteIs there a recommended 3 knob (low, mid, high) passive tone stack circuit I could add to the Ruby? any from Duncam Amps simulator?

My mini-amp consisted of a ROG amp emulator and a stereo ruby:

ROG Thunderchief with tonestack:
 input jack 1/4"
 gain
 bass
 mid
 treble
 master volume
 line out jack 1/4"
Ruby amp left
 amp input L/mono 1/4"
 speaker out L
Ruby amp right
 amp input R 1/4"
 speaker out R

This gives me a mono out, stereo or mono return FX loop.  The line out/amp in jacks are switching jacks, so with nothing plugged into them the thunderchief goes into both ruby's.  I like to use a stereo chorus pedal or multifx in the fx loop for extra possibilities.

It also allows me to plug a CD player or etc into the amp directly, for stereo.  What it doesn't currently include is a means of mixing the CD input and the guitar at the same time, nor does it have a post-fx master volume.  That and a phase reverse switch on one of the returns, and I think it'll be done.

It's all mounted in a cardboard box until I finish constructing the cab.  :o