ADA MP-1 3TM tube mod..

Started by ESPguitar, March 28, 2005, 04:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ESPguitar

Hairston

ESPguitar

Incubus

I haven't seen any schem for it. As far as I know, you can only get it by buying it. Probably because it requires a new tube board.

I've got an MP-1 and I've done some of the mods available. I'd like to eventually have 3 or 4 and do a different mod to each one.

william

Hairston is one of the driving forces for the 3TM over in the ADA Depot forum.  Your asking here, is kind of in bad taste.  He's just indicating he's biting his tounge.

Hairston

Naw, I'm not like that, I'm cool about it. I am wondering, however, why you would be phishing for schematics here when you could have easily asked on the Adadepot board.

I plan to release the complete schematics and layouts for this mod as soon as we make up the money we spent on development and testing. It was ugly. As I really only do this as a hobby in my spare time (I'm sure we all do), we have to fund development out of our own pockets.

Anyways, at Adadepot, we have ALWAYS, posted and gave away the schematics for our mods, etc for free. Good times and good people over there, the same as here!

DIY 4-EVER!

- HB

ESPguitar

Quote from: HairstonNaw, I'm not like that, I'm cool about it. I am wondering, however, why you would be phishing for schematics here when you could have easily asked on the Adadepot board.

I plan to release the complete schematics and layouts for this mod as soon as we make up the money we spent on development and testing. It was ugly. As I really only do this as a hobby in my spare time (I'm sure we all do), we have to fund development out of our own pockets.

Anyways, at Adadepot, we have ALWAYS, posted and gave away the schematics for our mods, etc for free. Good times and good people over there, the same as here!

DIY 4-EVER!

- HB

I'm sorry hairston.. It was absolutely not meant that way!

I would have byed a 3TM board from adadepot if i had the 125 Euros..
But, i don't..  :roll:
It's been a loooong time since i was at the ada board.. I will visit you there :D  I'm sure it's cool people there to..

ESPguitar

Quote from: IncubusI haven't seen any schem for it. As far as I know, you can only get it by buying it. Probably because it requires a new tube board.

I've got an MP-1 and I've done some of the mods available. I'd like to eventually have 3 or 4 and do a different mod to each one.

Wich mod have you done though??

I'm planning to do the nise mod..

RB

Incubus

I did a mod to the tube board which replaces 3 capacitors with higher values to slightly reduce hum.

I also made a mod to the eq section. It's part of the 3.666 mod. I didn't do the tube board modifications, just the eq.

And the first mod I did was the effects loop mod to reduce the tone sucking.

I actually came up with that one, although I don't think it's mentioned anywhere on the adadepot site.

Hairston

Quote from: IncubusI did a mod to the tube board which replaces 3 capacitors with higher values to slightly reduce hum.

I also made a mod to the eq section. It's part of the 3.666 mod. I didn't do the tube board modifications, just the eq.

And the first mod I did was the effects loop mod to reduce the tone sucking.

I actually came up with that one, although I don't think it's mentioned anywhere on the adadepot site.
Holy crap! It's Incubus! 8)

Where ya been bro? Come back to visit sometime!

- HB

Incubus

LOL.....

I went back not too long ago to see what was happening, and I saw a message about the updates to the site slowing down for a while.

I haven't done much to the MP-1 lately, been concentrating on making some pedals which I'm nearly finished with.

I didn't know that you hung out here man, was surprised to see your name in this thread.....I ended up saying something along the lines of "Holy Crap", but it was a bit more colorful than that....:)