3 new projects!

Started by Zero the hero, April 18, 2005, 07:59:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero the hero

http://topopiccione.atspace.com/

Pearl OD-5 overdrive
Electro-harmonix BassBalls
Electro-harmonix Sonic Boomer

Overdrive still untested: I've etched the board, but I have no time to build it!

petemoore

It'd be interesting to see how that POD...no Pearl Overdrive [had to sorry]...sounds!!
 I don't recall seeing a power supply divider for Vb like that [with the 5.1v Zener and the 3k3].
 Also the wiring of the 10k, the way the outside lugs connections 'wrap around the first two opamps.
 Cool TS type schematic...looks like it could get hairier with all the actives compared to most TS types.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

puretube

nelson

the sonic boomer definately looks worth building!
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

MartyMart

Hey, nice work !!  :D
I have a Pearl OD-5 and its a very "under-rated" pedal, it sounds like a
TS-808 with sweepable eq, so you can "dial out" the mid hump if you like.
Very nice circuit, they are starting to get expensive on Ebay !!

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Torchy

Quote from: petemooreI don't recall seeing a power supply divider for Vb like that [with the 5.1v Zener and the 3k3].

MXR Phase 45 is exactly the same for an example.

StephenGiles

What sort of noise does that Sonic Boomer make? I have the Crashpad circuit from which I've only used the rather clever envelope generator.
Stephen
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

RickL

I think you perpetuated the mistake on the Bass Balls schematic where the 560p caps are connected to the outputs of the opamps instead of the inverting inputs. I don't think it's critical (someone, Mark Hammer probably, once posted that it will work that way too, I think) but you may want to change it if someone confirms the error.

That said, I love the Bass Balls and it's nice to have another, more compact layout available.

I've also put the parts together for the Sonic Boomer. Too funky!  :D

Zero the hero

Thanks for your replies!
The sonic boomer sounds exactly like a tambourine or a tom-tom, or a bass drum. Nothing funky, and it disappointed me a bit cause I thought that it would suond like a space drum: here's avirtual drum...
http://www.keyboardmuseum.org/d_machines/ehspaced.html
Anyway, I got a schem for this one too, but it's a bit more complicated, and now I have to study hard for algebra exam...

Rick, thanks for the suggestion about the caps in the BassBalls, I'll try how this unit behaves with the correction you made and I'll update the layout if necessary. I've seen the long Mark Hammer's post and I have to agree with him when he says that this cicruit is very tweakble and there are a lot of possible mods that can be applied.

I did the layout for OD-5 cause I wanted to learl how a parametric EQ works. I've no boxes or distortions with such an eq system, and I've read an enthusiastic review of a user of this box on "accordo.net".
Still to be verified, though...