Early Boss schems, layouts, repair guides- worth scanning?

Started by putrefusion, April 18, 2005, 07:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

putrefusion

I'm new to the forum BTW, so hello!

I work in an amp repair shop that has paper schematics dating back to the very early 70s.  I found a collection of old Boss repair and debugging guides, layouts, and schematics.  I'm assuming these are early on in Boss's manufacturing life, as there are a ton of older pedals I've never even heard of.  Anyway, I was wondering if there is enough interest here for me to scan these and throw them into a FTP or some kind of distributable format.  It would be a ton of work, but if enough people are interested I'll at least give it a whirl!
I'm Elmore James, bitch!

Hal

I'd love to see the schematic for the spectrum :-D

And I'd like to see a wiring diagram for a CE-2...my adapter isn't working, I think it might be a problem, but I wouldn't mess with it without a diagram...too cool of a pedal

there's a lot of stuff out there already, but many of us are always on the prowl for more :-D

putrefusion

I was actually thinking of digitizing the entire schematic collection of the shop, there are dozens and dozens of 2" thick binders full of schematics, diagrams and service guides to every audio gear company under the sun.
I'm Elmore James, bitch!

cd

Quote from: HalI'd love to see the schematic for the spectrum :-D

school

RickL

The Spectrum looks like it will be a bear to replicate with the dual-ganged audio/reverse audio pot for the Balance control. I wonder how a regular linear dual-ganged 10k pot would work?

ExpAnonColin

I'd love to see any schems you have and would be happy to host them in the DIY archives.

-Colin

object88

Quote from: putrefusionI was actually thinking of digitizing the entire schematic collection...

I'd sure be thankful for anything you could scan!

Connoisseur of Distortion

anything called a TK-1???

i have been wondering since someone brought that up...  :?

bryantbr

school

sorry, its called the boss 'harmonist'.  but yea, scan EVERYTHING you can! that wouldl be truly amazing.  could be the biggest contribution to the DIY community (rare schematics wise) ever!

toneman

• SUPPORTER
TONE to the BONE says:  If youTHINK you got a GOOD deal:  you DID!

toneman

the Harmonist is undoubtedly "DSP"...
go 4 the analog, Luke, er Putre....
anything analog
:)
  • SUPPORTER
TONE to the BONE says:  If youTHINK you got a GOOD deal:  you DID!

putrefusion

Didn't see any old MXR stuff last I checked, but there is plenty to look through still.  I may just look for anything stomp-box looking and collect it all and assemble a master list.
I'm Elmore James, bitch!

puretube

seanm

How about the ODB-3? I would love to be able to see how exactly the blend works.

tatems

It would be awsome if you could get some scanned! It would be intresting to see some of them  :)
It is I, Murdock the Mind Stealer

nelson

My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

Mark Hammer

Welcome on board putrefusion.

Before you make yourself a mountain of migraines, it might be wise to post one or more lists of things you have paper copies of.  You would be surprised how much is already scanned and posted about.  If you can save yourself some work, so much the better. That wil also help you to:

a) find links to this stuff so that you can acquire the electronic copies yourself for your own use (for instance, I forget where I got it, but the Spectrum service manual was already posted....and if you can make any sense of it, more power to you!) :lol:
b) waste less time with the known so you can hustle onto the less known.

There are probably some good threads in the archives here about efficient scanning.  I find a lot of folks who throw themselves into scanning what they have do not always pursue the most efficient methods, and often provide files which are too big for what they provide, and perhaps less clear than they could be.

Something from that era I wouldn't mind getting a gander at would be the A/DA analog harmonizer floorbox, as reviewed in DEVICE (http://ampage.org/hammer/files/Device1-4.PDF).  This puppy had forty-two IC's!

Another item whose schematic has never been posted around is the 4-knob MXR Limiter stompbox.

stomper

Thank You  Thank You  Thank You, Puretube  and Geoff Hunter.  

Your discussions provided to this link http://www.godiksennet.com/default.asp?main=Schematics

There was the TC Electronic BLD schematic I've been trying to locate for years.  I have a BLD that I bought in 1987 and use it all the time.  Someday it will need service and now I'm ready.  

Thank You, Mark :D