Early Boss schems, layouts, repair guides- worth scanning?

Started by putrefusion, April 18, 2005, 07:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

putrefusion

Quote from: cdFYI in case you want to avoid duplication, all of the following BOSS schematics are widely available on the 'net in one form or another:

AC2, BD2, BF2, CE1, CE2, CE2B, CE-300, CH1, CS2, CS3, DB5, DC2, DD2, DD5, DF2, DM2, DM3, DS1, DS2, FA1, FZ2, GE7, HF2, HM2, HM3, MT2, MZ2, NF1, NS2, OC2, OD1, OD2, OD3, OS2, PW2, RV3, SD1, SG1, SP1, TR2, TW1, VB2, XT2

Thanks, that'll help me avoid some redundancy.
I'm Elmore James, bitch!

Arno van der Heijden

Yeah, but not with service notes and everything.
FWIW, I would like to see the service notes of the CE-1.

nelson

I have webspace and could easily knock up a temporary website to catalogue all the schems. As opposed to sending them all out individually which would be time consuming.
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

cd

Quote from: Arno van der HeijdenYeah, but not with service notes and everything.

Who the heck mentioned anything about service notes?  My list was of *schematics*.

Mark Hammer

Frequently, service notes provide both the schematic and crucial information about optimal performance.  For instance, the *schematic* of the BF-1 flanger shows the parts, but the *service notes* indicate that, in contrast to what it says on the chassis of the pdal, it should be operated from 12vdc and not 9vdc.  Service notes also tend to specificy anticipated voltages or signals at certain test points.  This is far more useful than simply knowing what the parts are.

Arno van der Heijden

Quote from: cd
Quote from: Arno van der HeijdenYeah, but not with service notes and everything.

Who the heck mentioned anything about service notes?  My list was of *schematics*.

Well excuse me sir  :?

Most interest goes out to the schematics, not the service notes. So I was just pointing out that some people might also be interested in the service notes, even though the respective schematic is already on the net.

Besides that, it seems logical to me that if you're scanning service notes anyway, you might as well scan the schematic that goes with it.

StephenGiles

Basically, what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Please give the chap a chance :roll:  :roll:  :roll:
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

Gringo

Quote from: cbriereHey Gringo,,,,

The HM3 , Hyper Metal and others, (lots)
can be found here.

http://www.freeinfosociety.com/electronics/schematics/audio/bosshm3.html

Thanks!!
Cut it large, and smash it into place with a hammer.
http://gringo.webhop.net

TheBigMan

Quote from: Mark HammerFrequently, service notes provide both the schematic and crucial information about optimal performance.  For instance, the *schematic* of the BF-1 flanger shows the parts, but the *service notes* indicate that, in contrast to what it says on the chassis of the pdal, it should be operated from 12vdc and not 9vdc.  Service notes also tend to specificy anticipated voltages or signals at certain test points.  This is far more useful than simply knowing what the parts are.

Indeed.  The calibration settings for the BBD based pedals are also essential if you have to replace a chip or fix one that someone has been messing with.

sean k

Putrefusion,would you like a copy of xat.com image optimiser?,this program helps to cut file sizes down,bit rates etc, and keep clarity up with a whole bunch of filters to increase or decrease whites and blacks.Its a couple megs so I'd send you a CD in the post.
Monkey see, monkey do.
Http://artyone.bolgtown.co.nz/

putrefusion

Quote from: sean kPutrefusion,would you like a copy of xat.com image optimiser?,this program helps to cut file sizes down,bit rates etc, and keep clarity up with a whole bunch of filters to increase or decrease whites and blacks.Its a couple megs so I'd send you a CD in the post.

Its ok, you dont need to mail me CDs from new zealand!  But thanks anyway.  I'm sure I'll find software that can do the job, if not that particular software.
I'm Elmore James, bitch!

sean k

Not a problem to mail it because we've always been so far away we have a cheap and efficient mail system.It'll only cost me about a buck,in your money and reach you within the week with overnight to get to your west coast.
Monkey see, monkey do.
Http://artyone.bolgtown.co.nz/

toneman

i use Corel PhotoPaint to resize pictures.
almost any good (raster)graphics program can do this.
Hey PF, i'm gonna PM U.
staycopied
tone
  • SUPPORTER
TONE to the BONE says:  If youTHINK you got a GOOD deal:  you DID!

ryechua

do you by any chance have a copy of CE-5? also DD-3. I'd like to have a copy. Thanks!!!

RedHouse

I also need the CE-5 if anyone finds it.

putrefusion, please scan the service notes too, just because there are a lot these floating around, many are funky scans and hard to read/print and the service notes are the thing.

putrefusion

Quote from: RedHouseI also need the CE-5 if anyone finds it.

putrefusion, please scan the service notes too, just because there are a lot these floating around, many are funky scans and hard to read/print and the service notes are the thing.

I'll scan everything, dont you worry!   8)

Just FYI to anybody watching this thread, I'm in the middle of exams at college, so I'm going to start scanning within the next week to 2 weeks.  

Like I said, I'll go first-come first-serve as far as requests.  When I start, I'll start making a new thread and find somebody to host the images.
I'm Elmore James, bitch!

octafish

Shoot straight you bastards. Don't make a mess of it. -Last words of Breaker Morant

octafish

Two places that would probably be happy to host your scans would be:
The Free Information Society
http://www.freeinfosociety.com/
and Colin's Experimentalists Anonymous Archive
http://experimentalistsanonymous.com/archives/
hmmm I just tried to link to the ExpAnon upload page but got a broken link? I'm on dialup so its probably a problem on my part. Colin is a member here though and has a link in his sig. Look for ExpAnonColin, I'm sure he'll be happy to help. Good luck with your exams.
Shoot straight you bastards. Don't make a mess of it. -Last words of Breaker Morant

puretube

RedHouse

I also need a CE-5, anyone?

putrefusion, how's the scanning comming along?