Silicon NPN FF feedback loop ?

Started by bcreekmur, April 26, 2005, 12:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcreekmur

I'm still relatively new to all of this so I hope this makes some sense...

Recently I put together a silicon NPN Fuzz Face and put a switch to feed the output (from lug 2 of my volume pot) back into the input of the circuit.  In addition I put a 10k pot feeding Q2 which kind of gives me some control over the ocillation noise.  I like the sounds I'm getting from it but it I think some of the clean signal, before the circuit, is bypassing the circuit right to the output through the same wire I'm using to feed the output of the circuit back to the input...am I making any sense??

Anyway, I'm wondering if there is a simple way to prevent this, possibly with a electro cap or maybe a diode? Any help would be greatly appreciated.....

Thanks,

Brian

brett

QuoteRecently I put together a silicon NPN Fuzz Face and put a switch to feed the output (from lug 2 of my volume pot) back into the input of the circuit.
That's an interesting idea.  However, as you have noted, when you connect 2 points, current can flow in either direction, depending on which end has higher voltage.  You might try mixing the input and output signals and re-present them to the input.  However, with positive feedback like this, oscillations easily ruin the whole thing.

Because the FF already has negative feedback (via the 100k resistor), you might try messing with that.  Good luck.
Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)

bcreekmur

thanks Brett,

I'll give that a try....If I feed the output back into the circuit after Q1, it would probably work....thanks for your help!!!

Brian