BSIAB II MODS

Started by critch, April 28, 2005, 06:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

critch

Hi, can anyone suggest any cool BSIAB II Mods(component value changes, component bypass,)...
and is this wiring correct(DPDT)? if i want to change between 2 resistors/capacitors?
http://home.earthlink.net/~ehansen3/diy/phase90r28switch.gif
I also presume that NO legs touch, correct?
thanks
or should i just use a SPDT, like this:

_____________cap2\
        /                               \
____/    _________cap1 ______

Ed G.

Why don't you just build it as is first and see if it really needs to be modded?

Torchy

You've started seven (7) threads either directly concerning the BSIABII, or the build/layout/mods. Three of your threads are almost duplicates. In every thread you've been given the advice "build it stock, get it working, then think about modding it".

As far as I can tell you havent switched a soldering iron on yet.
You dont hang out with a guy called Walters do you ?

[Edit : spelling corrected]

critch

ok, will get cracking on it! just like to plan first, its how ive been taught!
and as for walters, no i dont, dont know anyone called that...
and as for the 7 threads, sorry, im new to most things concerning this, such as vero/stripboard, etc, but they arent duplicates, right?
but all sorted now, thanks too,

Torchy

Wasnt getting at you, just that in my experience you can build a pedal with all the expectations in the world BUT you only know what mods you need once you've heard it through your rig.  :wink:

critch

ok, got it...ill build it, leave out the box for now, and try out different component values, and the good ones i will add to a switch....should be easy to get rid of a cpa/resistor and add a switch with it....
thanks
oh, and can anyone plz tell me if the pedal will be off when i take the input lead out? im following the GGG schematic....and it says to just use a stereo jack(last question...buying the stuff in about and hour...)

gotdabluz

critch

its obvious that you have a lot of enthusiasm for getting started in DIY, but I would suggest that you just build the thing as is the first time.

if you try to add all kinds of bells and whistles right off the bat, it will make troubleshooting much more difficult . . . especially if this is your first time building a circuit . . .  the BSIABII is certainly not impossible for a beginner, but is still a bit more complicated than other projects suitable for first timers.

As it is, the BSIABII is awesome . . . it really doesn't need any mods IMO and you may find that is the case as well.

Parts are cheap enough that you can always build another circuit after to 'tweak' it if you find it necessary, but like I said . . . just build it as is the first time around.

Best of Luck
--SG

critch

ok, i was gonna just build it over the weeked, but i only have a few of the components, bloody idiot gave me some of them wrong too!

sean k

Critch,one mod that may help and something I would have done on mine,though it wasn't the brownie but another very similar tube preamp emulation,was to put a resistor in above the trim pot on the drains and lower the value of the trimpot.I found my settings were about 2/3 the way round on the 100k which means I was about 30k.I woulda been better off having a 24k resistor above the trimpot and a 10k pot and then it would have been way easier to dial in the sweet spot.I woulda started with the 100k though and used a wire link in place of resistor until I found the range I was after.Also set all your trims at half and pots at full at startup.I found it was quieter,regards noise floor,if I had less gain at the front end and increased it as I went towards the output.
Monkey see, monkey do.
Http://artyone.bolgtown.co.nz/