Anyone here knows something about the HAIRPIE box ?

Started by bettycat, May 11, 2005, 12:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puretube

Hi Ron - and welcome to the forum!  (now back to the beach...)  :D

Lee_ranaldo

Thanks ron!!!..
sure i would make a new one (the complete page backup was in a RAR file on a old computer.. now lost).. i have several information + schematics and many pictures.. including 3 variations of triangle knobbers.(one looks like an foxey lady 3 knob..)
not really special info .,. just downloaded from the internet.. with some luck i guess.. there is an italian bigmuff page too where i found an old board of an 69 model...

i think sound samples will help a lot...!

thanks!

Tigrar

Hi,

I m modding a sovjet reissue BM.

I dont want to post all problems and mods I m triing to do. Just this one, my BM sounds drity atm and I d like to have it smooth without sacrifing the sustain. What would U propose? Plz add a schematic so we re talking about the same positions or refere to the schematic of generalguitargagets (link in this post). It doesnt match with the values I got in my BM but ist easier to talk about a "C9" intead to explain where it s located.

Find this schematic here:
http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/diagrams/bmpsc.gif

Anyway I m reducing the muddiness and the bass of the BM. That may make the dirt even sharper as it is today.

As I read what I quoted, I realsied how close this is where I want to be.

Quote from: Lee_ranaldo on July 29, 2005, 10:41:43 AM
1) Early 70's triangle knob. Transistors: 2 SPT3607, 2 SPT 87103. Very sweet, smooth and warm. Lots of variation by twiddlng the tone and sustain knobs. With sustain turned way down, you get overdrive, w/ sustain full blast, you get overkill. Best of the bunch (and one I used to have w/ 36999's sounded even better.)

It seems as if the used transistors are the cause of that sound that matches with what I want to get. Is it possible to get a schematic of specialy this early 70's Triangle? Of curse I cant find these mentioned transistors any more. What would be the closest I can find in stores today?

AFAIK the BM I have uses 3102 EM. Any sugestion what I should do to smoothen and clean the sound, even if not related to the transistors? Perhabs I should add that I got LED inthe first Feddback loop (D1 + D2).

@Ron: If I knew U before and about the work I need to do I d bought one made by U costumized to my wishes. Only advantage is this one will directly be adapted to my gear.

@R.G.: I read once that Pete Cornish would have hardly no changes to the BM to his P2. Well, due to my experience with the BM I rather think he did a full remake with flawless parts and added a impedance converter as well.

THX a lot

Greez
Tigrar

flektor

Seems that the legendary FS36999 is a military trannie. Is there any way to trace out the civiliam similar? Maybe the  BC239?

cf. http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:2UMmsPT2WE0J:www.augustamsourcing.com/browse-827000.html+FS36999+datasheet&hl=pt-BR&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=br

analogguru

IMHO the FS36999 is only a "custom-stamped"  Fairchild  2 N 5133

18V/50mA/200mW   ß: 60 - 1000/1mA   fg > 40 MHz

analogguru

markm