News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

At last

Started by add69, May 15, 2005, 04:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

add69

I did it I build a dam fuzz face I finally put more than one trany in a circuit and it worked,(And) it rocks!! now what's next what do you guys suggest?

congrats man... i highly suggest one of the many boost circuits out there.  They are easy, and sound great.  I have built the AMZ muffmaster, AMZ mosfet boost, and the Dragonfly Sparkleboost... all are great.

nelson

a big muff, it has a whole 4 transistors!

or, if your feeling adventurous, how about a rat, it has an IC and a transistor in it.

My first build was the rat, it took me two tries (drawing the PCB with permanent marker is not recommended), its my favourite project so far, and is most used in my arsenal. I just love the rats ability to feedback at bedroom levels.

Or, if yoru looking for something not in the distortion/fuzz realm, the Psuedo phaser project over at run off groove would be good. an EA tremelo perhaps? I am sure with your new found confidence the sky is the limit.....

I have still to build a fuzz face, I have 10 AC128 trannies offa ebay to use, when I get round to it.

Congrats and happy stompin............
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

ah yea, the big muff is a great project, as is the Rat (never built the Rat, although i own one).  i highly recommending buying the AMZ E-book on the Rat and Muff (they are both in the same E-book) before you start, just to get a better idea of what the circuit is like, and give you a few modding ideas.

actually, a commonsound Tremulus Lune would be a fantastic project.  You can mod it to your heart's content, and instructions are on their website.  Great simple circuit :)

octafish

I see your Big Muff 4 transistors and raise you a Superfuzz 6 transistors. Plus (from memory) about a dozen 10uF caps.
If you haven't built an opamp circuit yet (or an OD) I recommend the Tube Reamer, very tweakable, very simple, very good.
edit: spelling
Shoot straight you bastards. Don't make a mess of it. -Last words of Breaker Morant

add69

Iwas thinking of the mosrite fuzzrite but don't know what tranys to use??Any suggestions on what trany's work in that circuit.

jmusser

No Man, you don't want to do that right after a fuzz face :wink: . Now, you need a screamer octave up box that's simple too. How about Guss Smalley's Simple Octave Up. It will strip all that nasty paper off the wall, and make your blinds sieze up permanently in the "rolled" position!    :twisted:
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".