Would anyone buy this?

Started by O, May 18, 2005, 10:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

O

I have the opportunity to buy some custom made rubber bottoms (and maybe velcro too) just like the ones that come on mass produced pedals. They would cover the whole bottom plate with the exception of the 4 corners (to access the screws). I can get 2 sizes (1590B and 1590BB). They rubber bottoms are made from the same material as 3M rubber feet and the same adhesive.

Would anyone be interested? Shipping would be dirt cheap, and they would be great alternatives to neoprene or cut up mousepads.

So? any takers? :?

ninoman123

Do they have sticky backing? If you can get them cheap and they fit the pedals I'm sure you can find buyers.  Everyone needs nice non slip surfaces for their pedals  :wink:

O

Quote from: ninoman123Do they have sticky backing? If you can get them cheap and they fit the pedals I'm sure you can find buyers.  Everyone needs nice non slip surfaces for their pedals  :wink:

Yep, they are made by 3M, and they will be custom cut to fit the more popular hammond boxes. If enough people are interested, I can also get the same thing but made out of velcro (the "hook" side, not the "loop/fuzzy" side).

Khas Evets

It depends on the price. Any idea how much?

O

Quote from: Khas EvetsIt depends on the price. Any idea how much?

No idea... I'm going to find out a ballpark figure tomorrow. If there isn't enough interest, I won't get them done. I don't make enough pedals a month to justify the investment.

Khas Evets

Another size that might be popular around here is the Taiwanese 125B.

O

Quote from: Khas EvetsAnother size that might be popular around here is the Taiwanese 125B.

I thought about that one, but I don't have a sample to take so that it can get measured. As far as bottom plates, is there much size difference between the 1590B and the 125B?

Khas Evets

1590B - 4.39 X 2.34
125B - 4.7 X 2.4

O

Thanks man! With those measurements, I might be able to get a "one size fits both" rubber bottom.

dosmun

If the price is right I would be interested in some.  Sounds like a better alternative than rubber feet.

loki

can i ask you where are you buying velcro?
i need some to stick my pedals on the pedalboard but i can't seem to find it yet

ninoman123

Go to either a hardware store or a fabric store. Fabric store has better/bigger sizes and might be cheaper. Hardware stores might have some that comes in strips, but it might also cost you more. Fabric store is the best bet

loki

thanks for the tip... i'll see what i can do  :wink: