Daisy-Chaining Issues

Started by Bearded Fish, May 19, 2005, 08:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bearded Fish

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a Voodoo Lab Proctavia to work from power daisy-chained through other pedals? Maybe some sort of mod to the circuit? In the manual it says that this pedal is a 'positive ground circuit' so I am thinking this is the reason that it doesn't like daisy-chaining with say, Boss units. Obviously it'd work with a Pedal Power but I don't really want to fork out for that aswell, just for the sakes of this pedal. Any suggstions other than using a separate adapter for it?

rocker-D82

Quote from: Bearded FishAny suggstions other than using a separate adapter for it?

I think there's no other way...

Rocker
http://www.marc-us.com/rocker/

petemoore

Doing it that way would cause a direct short between V_ and V+ of the power supply. Both connected to ground...
 Separate WW, or supply for the Pos Gnd to be connected with the Neg Gnd. at least.
 Check out GEO, +9v and _9V from the same supply.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Processaurus

If you're inclined, and there's a bit of room inside the pedal, you could use a MAX1044 charge pump IC to convert 9v into -9v.  or, if you had a seperate tiny little enclosure, you could put the ic and supporting components in it, with a jack for your daisy chain, and a plug coming out to your stompbox.  Then you could use it as an adaptor for other positive ground pedals too.

Theres a page at Geofex under "circuit sweepings" heading on the left side of the main page that shows how to use the chip, its really easy, its 3 parts or so.