A Couple Of Changes

Started by smallbearelec, May 19, 2005, 09:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smallbearelec

No, no price increases, but I do have to drop a few items:

--Mike Fuller has decided to discontinue offering his OEM parts for re-sale. I have taken down the switch already. I still have small quantities of his wah pot and inductor, and a few hundred black knobs. As far as replacements, I am getting a black #1510 clone made by the same factory that did the cream, so there will be only a short interruption of supply of those, if any. I have gotten good feedback on the sound of coils made with the Epcos pot cores, and I encourage people to either try rolling their own or buy one from Tom Kochawi of Ariel FX, who did the first ones. Tom has worked out the procedure for "gapping" the core to trim its inductance:

http://www.arielfx.com/inductor_guide/guide.htm

--Unfortunately, the drop in value of the U.S. dollar against European currencies has made it impossible for me to re-stock the Eddystone "BB"-size enclosure. I was quoted roughly 50% more than I had paid a few years ago, and I just can't make it work. Please use the Taiwanese product, and I will re-visit this if/when the greenback recovers.

Regards
SD

nelson

hehe, gotta love american "pointy Haired mis-management" of their currency and budget deficit. It is great for us europeans, It is cheaper to buy products from you than get them domestically :). So there is a silver lining :)
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X