Must be losing my mind ... almost modded the baby monitor!

Started by Melanhead, June 04, 2005, 05:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melanhead

Damn thing is so noisy! ... It died  last night and I had it apart ... hmmmm ... I quickly fixed it and put it back together before I had a chance to change all the caps to Panasonic :)

hmmmmmmmm  ... I guess I'm a bit mod happy these days :D

bluesdevil

"I like the box caps because when I'm done populating the board it looks like a little city....and I'm the Mayor!" - armdnrdy

The Tone God

spudulike

wampcat1

funny thing...I have been tempted to do the same thing!! I opened mine up, and it has a 4558 chip in it, so according to popular legend, it is automatically a tubescreamer clone   :lol:  :lol:

seanm

Quote from: wampcat1funny thing...I have been tempted to do the same thing!! I opened mine up, and it has a 4558 chip in it, so according to popular legend, it is automatically a tubescreamer clone   :lol:  :lol:
Or for some type of screamer.....

barret77

B Tremblay

B Tremblay
runoffgroove.com

B Tremblay

B Tremblay
runoffgroove.com

Melanhead

Alex C

Just the other day I wired up a small computer fan to the inside of my paintball mask to reduce fogging.  I used a mini SPDT toggle from my stash, and JB welded both the fan and a battery holder to the mask.  I decided to omit the blue LED, though.

bwanasonic

My kids are both teens now, but I still have the baby monitor stashed for  the right mad professor moment. :)

Kerry M

aron

This is pretty funny! I gotta look for one here. :twisted:

MartyMart

That's funny !! :D
I have an old '80's answering machine that I'm tempted to play with, its
a panansonic and I bet its full off 4558's ..... :roll:
( well at least two anyway... )

I know, I know.... I'm becoming one sad puppy  !!  :lol:

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

wampcat1

Quote from: Alex CJust the other day I wired up a small computer fan to the inside of my paintball mask to reduce fogging.  I used a mini SPDT toggle from my stash, and JB welded both the fan and a battery holder to the mask.  I decided to omit the blue LED, though.

That's a great idea!!!

Johan

what is the radiotransmission like in those units?..
I'm just imagening a cheap wireless system by switching a few wires and jacks and probably some leveladjustments...
I'm guessing the frequencyresponce to be poor, but that is probably more in the speaker/mic department rather than the radio...hmmm

Johan
DON'T PANIC

Melanhead

okay ... now this is getting outa hand  :lol:  :shock:

Johan

..argh..come on now..you're considering it, arent you?..probably looking at it right now..thinking "it really cant be that hard.."...tell the truth...hehe.. :D
DON'T PANIC

wampcat1

Quote from: Johanwhat is the radiotransmission like in those units?..
I'm just imagening a cheap wireless system by switching a few wires and jacks and probably some leveladjustments...
I'm guessing the frequencyresponce to be poor, but that is probably more in the speaker/mic department rather than the radio...hmmm

Johan

*somewhere* I recall hearing about someone who did this...I'm not sure where, but I do recall someone saying they made a wireless system with a baby monitor, but had problems with it...