crybaby questions...

Started by LoKi6922, June 11, 2005, 03:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoKi6922

some of these might be dumb... and yes, there is such a thing as a dumb question! :lol:

do you know of any reason why my crybaby won't get power when its daisy chained from a boss tu2 tuner pedal, which is plugged into the boss adaptor?

the wah will run when the adapter is plugged directly into the 9v, but not if daisy chained... all other pedals before and after it in the chain function...

question 2.. scratchy pot! time for a replacement! i have a spare 100k audio taper pot.. the shaft is pretty long. can i use this, AND how do i get that little gear thing off the old pot and onto the new one?

question 3... LED! how can i put an LED in there to show when the effect is activated? the wah is completely stock other than some resistor and cap changes i made so it sounds less 'dunlopish' and more 'voxish'. :lol:

would i have to replace the switch just to add an LED?

also an unrelated question... i have an HM-2 that i'm trying to make sound... well... better.. and so far i got the suggestion of jumpering the juntion of d6, d7, and r23 to r23, c12 which would take away one of the sources of distortion and maybe make it a touch smoother... and i've got a little spst switch.. can i use this to make the jumper switchable? i think i know how.. but i'm pretty much a noob... i've only ever really modded boxes... never built my own.. so switching is new to me..

cheers and many thanks!

-Andre

smallbearelec

Quotesome of these might be dumb... and yes, there is such a thing as a dumb question!

Yes, but these are not. Sometimes, there are just things you don't know.

I can't help with #1. Maybe one of the other folks will have an idea.

Quote.. scratchy pot! time for a replacement! i have a spare 100k audio taper pot..

Don't use a regular pot. The element just won't last and the taper will probably be wrong. Spend for something purpose-made; if you don't want to pay straight retail (about $25.00), do some shopping. They don't call it the World Wide Web for nothing.

Quotewould i have to replace the switch just to add an LED?

Yes. Replace it with a blue 3PDT switch and know that you will have to add a bump-on under the top of the treadle because the shaft of the 3PDT is not as long as the one on the stock switch. The LED gets wired through the third pole to the power supply through an 8.2K resistor.

LoKi6922

thanks for the reply!

dunlop replacement pots are $41.00 canadian. its dumb.

i got the gear off of the old pot, but its got a D shape to it so it wont turn on the shaft. i don't have any tools to grind down the shaft of another pot... so it looks like i'm out 50 bucks *after insane canadian tax rate*.

oh well...

so i can't wire in an LED to the stock switch on the crybaby? thats too bad... this switch has been good to me for the last 11 years... its probably time to retire it and replace it anyway...

thanks again!