CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT TO DO NEXT?

Started by benabean, June 16, 2005, 09:21:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benabean

I have a marshall 100dfx amp complete with the foot pedal supplied with it. But the pedal is not working properly so I'm fixing it up.

But my question that I need some serious help on is how to install 2 LEDs into the circuit?

There is 2 switches, channel on/off and effect on/off, but there is no way of looking at the pedal and seeing which switches are on or off so i would like to install LEDs to do this.

If anyone could tell me how to do this, plus any other components necessary, i would greatly appreciate.

Benabean

cab42

benabean,

I think it depends on the switches. They have to be DPDT (6 pins). You also need a battery, a couple of resistors, some wire and off course the leds.

Look in this thread for more info. There is a drawing on how to connect the components.

http://diystompboxes.com/sboxforum/viewtopic.php?t=25919&highlight=

regards

Carsten
  • SUPPORTER
"Rick, your work is almost disgusting, it's so beautiful.  Meaning: it's so darned pretty that when I look at my own stuff, it makes me want to puke my guts out."
Ripthorn

petemoore

The left switch in that pedal connects the tip to the sleeve/ground.
 The right switch connects the Ring to the sleeve/ground.
 [invert left and right, if it's not correct and it matters].
 These connections are made/cut, and simply make ground/break ground....the actual signal path switching is done using switching circuits in the amp, the pedal switches simply trigger the electronic switching circuits routing of the signal.
  so the simplest SPST switch will do the job for one switching parameter, by passing or cutting the sleeve [or tip] to ground.
 To add an LED, you  could use another simultaneously switched pole and throw [DPST switch], so that independantly but simultaneously, an LED lighting circuit is made/cut....the wiring to the amp would remain the same, but the switch would turn the light on and off by making/breaking the power supply connection.
 You'd need
 Battery Clip
 Battery holder
 Batteries   [power source for LED"S]
 LED's
 LED Mounts
 Current limiting resistors [~ 2k2 - 6k8?]
 2 new switches [of course you get the old ones   :wink: ]
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

benabean

thanks guys.
need to get those parts and hava go at it.

Also i'm a beginner at this thing so whats the difficulty rating, would you say,  on this 'project'?

PPS - petemoore, could you be so knid and tell me, Whats a tip/sleeve and whats a ring?

thanks again.

nelson

The tip is the tip connection on a 1/4" input jack which is connected to the tip of a standard 1/4" mono jack and the ring is the connection to the larger area of a mono input jack called the sleeve.

(there has to be an easier way to explain that)

This project is really as easy as they come. One of my first "stompbox" projects was building a tremolo footswitch for a 60's amp. It is a good one to wet your feet.
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X