2 boosters / 1 box ?

Started by pnak, June 16, 2005, 10:35:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pnak

I built and boxed up the Dragonfly Sparkleboost and used the j201 and I love the sound of this pedal.  I took it to a freinds house, who by the way is a great country picker,  and he wouldnt let me leave with it. We both agreed that the box sounds so good that it should never be turned off.

That being said, I have lost the purpose for orignally building the booster
which was to be used as a solo boost.

So now I'm wondering if anyones built a sparkle boost and used with another sparkle boost or just any other booster. and is it feasable to build 2 sparkle boosts and house them in the same box with 2 footswitches , one to remain on all the time and the other to boost the signal during leads.

Their may be another remedy to this problem and if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears.

d95err

There are plenty of dual booster projects about, so more people have had the same idea as you. Take any two boosters and put them in the same box. See e.g. Nabo's layouts at www.diypedals.com.

If you want the same sound but different volume settings, you could use a single booster and switch between two volume pots. See Dragonfly's layouts (Mod Zone) at www.diypedals.com.

AL

pnak,

I stuck two LPB2's in a single box per Nabo's layout - very handy. The only thing I screwed up was the box layout. I used standard box placement. I most definitely should have layed the box long ways to allow for my feet ... :oops: With the standard layout I have to be careful not to hit both switches at the same time. Sorry for the lousy description - if it helps, I feel the box should have by layed out like a ZVEX box.

AL

pnak

Thanks . Switch betwwen 2 Volume pots.  Perfect.

Dragonfly

Glad youre liking the Sparkle Boost !

as suggested, the "Dual Volume Mod" will work quite well for you...alternately, you could make the drive knob switchable, thus going from clean boost to "slightly dirty (and slightly louder) boost....

Andy