THE BEST WAY- AND YES IVE READ THE ARCHIVES

Started by jimbob, June 16, 2005, 11:37:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbob

Im needing/wanting to label my boxes (lots of them) and I thought about doing the t shirt method but i guess im just "slow". Whats the best way of going aboiut this? Where is the best place to get the materials..I read a lot about this and that is $$$. I just want a sheet /pre labeled w names for drive, volume ect-- and have it look professional..  I try to make the p[aint look as good as i can so i dont want it done half assed.   Maybe i need a program to design it 1st? I remember there was a guy here not too long ago that made a TS 808 that looked great! He had a label that read "jrc 4558 Inside"  I want to do like that..

ideas anyone?

Maybe theres a place that can pre make these labels/t shirt transfers?
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

audioguy

I use waterslide decals- if done right they can look 100% pro.

Brian Marshall

if you want truly pro looking results get in to screen printing

Tshirt transers cover up paint.

No matter how well you do water slide decals you can still see their edges to a point.

markusw

Quote from: Brian MarshallNo matter how well you do water slide decals you can still see their edges to a point.

I found a trick that works quite fine for me: I carefully put some acetone to the edges of the decal. The acetone acts as a solvent for the decal carrier foil and makes the edges actually invisible (after two or three coatings with clear laquer). At least this trick works if the decal is applied directly to the polished and cleaned surface of a hammond enclosure. If there is already some coating on the box it obviously may also dissolve the laquer. But maybe it's still worth a try.

Markus

jimbob

"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

cd

The post you're looking for is here: http://www.diystompboxes.com/sboxforum/viewtopic.php?t=26300

Found it in two seconds with the search terms "jrc4558 inside".

dpresley58

I use a small stripe (or piping) along the edges of the decal, which end up sitting just inside the point where the enclosure starts rounding over to the sides. Use a full-face design and the piping makes the edge disappear. You can also print the design to regular bond paper and use it as a drilling template.

Gonna try that acetate trick, though. Sounds cool.
8)
Little time to do it right. Always time to do it over.

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Quote from: cdFound it in two seconds with the search terms "jrc4558 inside".
that's pretty funny, cd! guess we can find THIS thread from 'yes ive read the archives' :wink:

nightingale

If you can find a place that makes vinyl decals. They look pretty pro in my opinion.. I found a guy that made me a life-time supply for around $200 USD.

You can see what they look like here: http://www.diystompboxes.com/sboxforum/viewtopic.php?t=32439&highlight=vinyl

You simply peel and stick them where you need them, and then hit them with a coat or two of lacquer to make them really pop!

hope this helps man,
ry
be well,
ryanS
www.moccasinmusic.com

alderbody

i use Ms Word or Adobe Photoshop to create the decals and then print them over adhesive transparencies with a Laser printer or even an inkJet.
Laser is more resistant, though... (black and white or color)

If you want you can apply laqcuer, or leave them unfinished.

I never applied any overcoat. I have so many backup sticker decals that even if one goes bad, i'll replace it in no time.
So far, i had no problem at all.
The decals stick on the metal (Hammond boxes or similar) really firmly.

jimbob

Quoteprint them over adhesive transparencies with a Laser printer or even an inkJet.

I bought one of these from steve at smallbear but can i find something locally in case i mess up a few times? where would i find these adhesive transparencies? I need a lazer printer but i thought about going to a KINKOs and quickly using one of thiers.

jimbob

alderbody

Quotecan i find something locally in case i mess up a few times? where would i find these adhesive transparencies? .

I'm sure you can find many of these in A4 shape sheets in paper supply stores, or book stores or whatever similar.

I think they are sold in packs or just singles.

I don't own a laser printer myself. I either use the one at work(...), or take a disk with the decal files to a print store and have them printed there.

There is an option for glossy or matte transparency.

...best way IMHO ;)