BSIAB II Build report with etched graphics

Started by Pushtone, June 19, 2005, 11:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soggybag

I always buy PNP from Small bear electronics mail order. I have not seen it anywhere else. There have abeen a few threads about using photo printer papaer and a laser printer fro the same effect. Do a search on the forum for this information.

robotboy

Quote from: ElectroFreakThe etching is possibly the coolest thing I have seen in a looong time.  I recently got back into the DIY effects scene (after a decade) and things are a bit different now.  Can I get this blue paper at any electronics place or is it specialty?  I recently built a Marshall Gov'nor clone and while it sounds great, I'm looking for another distortion to build.  Kind of a 'rip your face off' distortion, and this BSIAB sounds like it may work?  Also, for someone starting out again (supply-wise) should I just get one of those basic etching kits to make my boards?  Wiring that Gov'nor by hand was a pain.  Again, excellent job on those etchings, it looks awesome, and thanks for sharing the idea and photos.

If you want to get PNP in bulk, you can also buy it here.

http://www.techniks.com/

For a rip your face off distortion, try the blackfire. I love the BSIAB II, but it's a bit smoother while the blackfire is a bit more over the edge.

dubs

That looks awesome!
Would ammonium persulphate (less toxic etchant) work as well?

lenwood

I used ferric chloride for 30 minutes and used a hand drawn design with a sharpie and got this for my prototype:

Lennie

WildMountain

I am curious about the ammonium persulfate as well, as that's easier to get around here.

Coriolis

Wow, cool boxes! I find it interesting that it seems you can go for either the
"precision" etched look with the q-tips or short baths, or you can go for the longer baths to get that "been-rolling-in-the-tide-for-a-million-years" kind of
worn-in look. I definately have to try both!  8)
Check out some free drum loops and other sounds at my site: http://www.christiancoriolis.com